Questions about Parking and Lockers

higdonk

Mouseketeer
Ok we have never been to Universal at all. We are going for 2 days of our upcoming WDW/US trip. I have a night booked at Royal Pacific to get Universal Express Pass. The rest of the trip we are staying at WBC. I have no idea where I should park? At the hotel, then take a ferry or something to the parks? No idea here. Also what is the deal with lockers at US/IoA? I am used to WDW where you can take a backpack.

Thanks,

Kate

You park at the hotel.

Then just leave your car. It is totally walkable to the parks from the hotels, takes us 6-7 minutes to walk from rp to IOA........or of course you can take the boat. Very nice way to do it.

The 3 big rides, Rip Ride Rockit, Hulk and Dragon Challenge, due to previous accidents you cannot take anything on these rides, except a lanyard with your EP in it. Anything loose like wallets, cameras, phones, coins will go in a locker. These lockers are free for while you're on the ride. They are easy to navigate and takes a few seconds.

Some rides do allow a fanny pack as long as it has a three prong clasp.

Where there are lockers, you put things like backpacks in.

Rides are very different at Universal and they don't want things flying off and hurting people as has happened in the past.

Maybe a good idea to read up on the stickies and threads about Universal since you have never been.......and go to the website www.universalorlando.com

It's full of info about parks, rides and hotels.

Yes, park at the hotel. If you have booked 1 night, you get parking for 2 days.

The lockers are right by the entrance to the ride, and are free for about an hour or 2. Sometimes there can be a wait to get a locker and then to get your stuff out after.
My husband had to leave the line at Dragon challenge because he had his cell phone in his pocket.

the Mummy ride provides free lockers as you can not take anything on that ride.

if you had something with you and it flew out of the ride carriage, the entire ride would be shut down.
sensors hault the ride is any article is detected on the floor.

been on that ride years ago when it happened and all have to walk out of the ride building.
takes quite a time before the ride is back up again.

You can absolutely carry a backpack in Universal. We always have a small-medium sized bag with us. On rides that we all ride, we lay our bag to the side (Simpsons) or use the provided ride lockers (Gringott's, Men in Black). I don't do the big roller coasters or water rides, so I am the "designated bag-minder" in those cases. Really not a big deal, at all.

I actually prefer that I have to put stuff in the lockers. I hate that rush and anxiety when my stuff isn't fitting into the tiny spot provided on a ride. However, I do miss having my water bottle sometimes, especially in the long Gringott's line.

Is this a recent change? I've never had a problem on the Mummy taking my phone, keys, etc...which all fit in my pockets.
last year they had me put my bag in the locker.
i used to put the item on the floor by my feet.

was stopped and had no choice when i was into the express line.
i was not hands free, pockets would not hold what i was carrying.
many have cell phones in their pockets which is not an issue
many stuff their pockets.

there is no charge if you use the lockers and retrieve your items within the free time period.
if you go over the time period, grab a TM and let them know why you were not back to the locker within the needed time period and they will open the locker and no charge to you.

if the ride line is longer than first expected, or if the ride shuts down briefly, or you run to the restroom once you get off the ride, time might expire and then a charge.
but, the TM will open the locker if any of that or reasonable excuse is given.

couple years ago i had a purchase with me and used the locker.
completely forgot about it until 3 hours later.....lol

returned and told TM i just remembered i had a bag in a locker.
TM opened it and no charge to me.....

i only remembered as i was leaving the park and remembered my big pink donut was in that locker...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter