Questions about undercover tourist

B&tBlove88

Earning My Ears
Is UT legit?
When does UT tickets expire (I have found Jan. 2020, Jan. 2021 and 1 year after purchase)?
Do you just show your phone at the gate?
When can I buy Maxpass (do I literally have to be in DL? or waiting in line?) and how much (I've seen $10 and $15 a day)?
Is Maxpass worth it?

No one answered here but if you are still needing your answers. Yes, you really do have to be inside the park, not in the security line, not at the front gate waiting to get into the park but actually INSIDE one of the parks. After you're in the park and you've logged in for the first time, you can use it anywhere the rest of the day. When we were there in November of 2018 it was SOOOOO worth the extra $$$. Wouldn't do DL/CA without it ever again.

From the stickies at the top of the first page (SO much great information there!), all your MP questions can be answered here: "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/. If you have any further questions, post them there and you'll get great answers!
And, even though DLR tickets do have expiration dates, they retain their original monetary value. So if you cannot use your tickets before the expiration date, don't throw them away! Keep them until you can use them, then take them to the ticket booths and just pay the difference between the expired ticket value and the new ticket price.

Also: UT is totally legit. Many people on these boards, myself included, use their service. It's always a good idea to check Disney-sanctioned resellers: UT, LastMinuteTravel, GetAwayToday. Lately LMT has had the best prices by about $30.

Add to the authorized vendors list: AAA, aREs Travel, and Costco.
And if you find a deal that looks really good, it never hurts to double check here first!

We just bought our tickets from Undercover Tourist. I asked in a previous post and was told that you can show the paper tickets you print out from Undercover Tourist OR you can show your phone if you've linked the tickets in the app. The CM will scan the barcode and give you a smaller ticket to use going forward.

If you do purchase from them, read all of their emails! They have a verification/security process to follow that requires a response to an email before they release and send the tickets to you. I missed this and had to work with their customer service to resolve it.

I've used UT numerous times for both DL and WDW. I've always found them to have the best price.
One thing to remember when comparing ticket prices, check to see if the price you are being quoted is before or after tax. UT's price is after tax, so it's showing the full price you'll pay. Many other sites show before tax price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts