Questions in regards to the DCP

taylor0063

Earning My Ears
I already posted this on Reddit but I figured I'd post it on here as well to get as many opinions as possible

Hello,
So I mostly made this account just so I could ask questions about the DCP. I am currently a sophomore in college and next year for my junior year, it is required that I do an internship of some sort. Looking at different possibilities, I always had the DCP in the back of my mind. I'm just nervous that I may not end up liking it, but I obviously can't just leave because it is required I complete an internship and I do not want to have to do another internship and end up falling behind in school.

A little bit about me is I'm a pretty shy person and it can be hard for me to make new friends because of that. As a freshman, I lived on campus for a semester but I didn't really enjoy it because I never clicked with my roommate (not her fault), so I just felt uncomfortable living on campus. Plus, I live only 10 minutes or so from my college, so it was basically a waste of money living on campus anyways. Doing this internship would truly be my first time living away from home. Along with that, I hear many stories of horrible roommates and people getting "termed" for something their roommates did, but they still got blamed for it. Besides that, I feel like I can handle the long hours of work as I am used to juggling my classes along with my current job. My main concern is the roommate situation and the kind of people I will have to be living with. I am an easygoing person and I don't ever cause any drama so the last thing I want is to have roommates who start drama and bring me into it.

My goal is to hopefully find an internship close to home but if I can't, this would be the only internship I'd do that's far from home just because of the fact that your living situation is already figured out and with other internships, it is up to you to find a place to live.

I apologize for how long this is and I know that it won't be for another few months until I can apply for this internship, but I want to get as much information as I can so I can prepare and make the decision that will be best for me.

Unlike college, the DCP offers you the ability to choose your roommates. Sometimes they take it away but that's on very rare occasions, but you are allowed to choose who you live with and can easily find a whole apartment of people to live with on the facebook page not to mention living off property is always an option.

Also, those horror stories you hear are so not as common as you think. When things go wrong or horrifyingly bad, immediately it becomes like national news. The positive stuff... it kinda gets swept under the rug even though it happens. I had great roommates my first two programs and on my second they were all random so honestly chances are the horrible roommate will not happen to you especially if you link up in advanced.

Another thing is the DCP is more of a work experience internship so I HIGHLY recommend if you can look at the professional internships with Disney. Those might be more fruitful and fit your major better.

Unlike college, the DCP offers you the ability to choose your roommates. Sometimes they take it away but that's on very rare occasions, but you are allowed to choose who you live with and can easily find a whole apartment of people to live with on the facebook page not to mention living off property is always an option.

Also, those horror stories you hear are so not as common as you think. When things go wrong or horrifyingly bad, immediately it becomes like national news. The positive stuff... it kinda gets swept under the rug even though it happens. I had great roommates my first two programs and on my second they were all random so honestly chances are the horrible roommate will not happen to you especially if you link up in advanced.

Another thing is the DCP is more of a work experience internship so I HIGHLY recommend if you can look at the professional internships with Disney. Those might be more fruitful and fit your major better.

Thanks for the advice and info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!