Questions re: 1st RCL cruise (aboard the Anthem of the Seas)

2Bnºoºt2B

Fºoºz & Sami-Jºoº
Having completed our 3rd consecutive cruise aboard the Fantasy late last year, we opted to try our first Canada/New England cruise ... it will also be our very first RCL cruise (we have previously cruised Princess, HAL, Celebrity, Carnival and NCL). Any help with the following questions is appreciated ...

• Any opinions on the Spa Junior Balcony Suite (our current cabin is a Superior Ocean View with Balcony)
  • Noticed that the Junior Balcony Suites are right off the central elevator area on each deck ... will it be too noisy with all the traffic throughout the day/night?
  • Are the cabins on Deck 13 less ideal because of the fact that Deck 14 is the main pool/buffet/activity deck ... with noise from the moving of deck chairs etc permeating to the cabins below?
  • Opinions re: the Coastal Kitchen, as it is offered as a perk for Junior Suite guests as a dinner dining venue ... is it a valuable perk (like Blu is for Aqua Class aboard Celebrity) or just another dining venue ...
  • Noticed that if you move up from the SEA CLASS Junior Balcony suites to the SKY CLASS Grand Balcony Suites, that the Coastal Kitchen perk expands to all-day access ... and more importantly, includes CONCIERGE service. As never having been fortunate enough to experience Concierge service aboard a cruise ship, what exactly does Concierge service offer aboard RCL?
  • Any opinions on the other SKY CLASS perks ... is Priority boarding that valuable ... what exactly is the Specialty Bottle Water offered upon arrival and is it just one bottle for the entire cruise ...
Looking forward to hearing your viewpoints about RCL ... :thumbsup2

I liked my cabin on 13, but the two complaints you here most often are
1) noise from the pool deck
2) the overhand on the balcony

my cabin had no noise issues, I was under Coastal Kitchen and I don't really like direct sun so the overhand was mostly a good thing

I will be in a Royal Family suite (2 bedroom) on our Anthem cruise in October. Deck 9. I know we can eat 3 meals a day in Coastal Kitchen, if we choose. I will report here regarding suite amenities when we get back.

Thanks ... we moved from a deck 13 stateroom to deck 10 to avoid any noise from above ...

Would love to hear how the Coastal Kitchen is when you get back ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter