Queston about excursions

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
DD and a friend are going to Aulani on my points ;) in June.
They are busy planning excursions.
They will not have a rental car.
They are interested in a couple that say

Please note: transportation is not offered from Aulani Resort.

They don't want to rent a car, just to go there and then it just sits.
Any thoughts on the best way to get to the starting places that won't cost them too much?

Without a rental car, Uber is probably the best bet. We found it wasn't the most reliable out in Ko Olina, or at least it took much longer than we were used to at home. Perhaps that's improved.

What excursions were they looking at that said this? Hiring a private car, like a towncar or SUV, may be another option, especially if its somewhere like Kualoa Ranch that can take over an hour to get there. It would be costly though.

Are they over 25? You can do a daily car rental through Alamo at Aulani, or through Enterprise at the Marriott up the street. It would be more cost efficient and give them the flexibility to go wherever on the day they have it. I'd also recommend pricing a rental car for the duration because they will need transportation to and from the airport anyhow. Often, airport rates can be cheaper. And parking would be free at Aulani because they're staying on points.

Thanks......I think Uber would be too much for a round trip. They might rent a car. They just thought it wasteful to rent a car and have it sit there while they do the excursion.
They were looking at
Day on the Bay Activities Package

and
Self-Guided Kayaking Discovery

The ones they wanted that does have transportation from Aulani are
North Shore Experience and
Mānoa Valley Rainforest & Bamboo Forest Hike

They wanted both....but they are both only offered on Tuesdays....both of them.
Booked the rainforest one.

They are over 25.....they have booked a shuttle to and from the airport.

Thank you for the replies

All figured out now.....took some doing.
They are going to rent a car for 2 days to do the Kayaking and the Day by the Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter