Quick DL trip

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
Hey, everyone! Back from my trip to Las Vegas, with a quick side trip to Disneyland.
I went to visit my uncle & family in Las Vegas. On Saturday May 11th, my 2 cousins (ages 15 & 16) and I left LV at 6:15 am for the drive to Anaheim. We arrived by 10:30am, checked into the DL Hotel and ran over to DCA. First stop was Soaring, which was great (although we froze our butts off in there). On to the Zypher (sorry, it's spelled wrong), which I really liked. We decided to get in line for Calif. Screaming, after talking the 15 yo into going with (it goes upside down & she was afraid). Rode the coaster (awsome ride), and she wanted to go again! Instead, we opted for the Sun Wheel and a swinging bucket/gondala. When our's really started swinging, the 16 yo thought we were going to flip over (you cannot). It was hiliarous! We then got on the Orange Stinger - I think I was the oldest person on the ride! By the time we got off, I needed to sit - so I got some water & waited for the two of them to ride Mulholland Madness. We then grabbed lunch at Paradise Pier and headed for the "Hollywood" section of the park. We did the Muppets 3D, visited Goofy & Max on the street and went into the Animation area, where the 16 yo tried to make her own animation reel. (bring a dark pencil). Back to Calif. Screaming for a fast pass & then off to the rapids for a wet ride (them, not me - I took photos). Back to the hotel room to get changed for the evening (they were a bit wet) and off to DCA for Screaming, and then some ice cream as we waited for the Electrical Parade. After the parade we (and everyone else) went into DL for fireworks. We also rode Indy and Pirates, before looking for dinner. We noticed quite a few prom couples in DTD that night, all decked out. Had a late dinner at Rainforrest & in bed at the stroke of 12. Continued tomorrow.........

What a fun day - can't wait to read the rest - thanks for posting!

Continued.........

On Sunday, I got the girls up and took them to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast. They loved it! Went to the counter three times each! We had photos taken with Genie, Mulan, Mad Hatter and Goofy (I think-haven't gotten those photos back yet). Then we went to the monorail station to go to DL. Carnations were being handed out to the mothers, and the CM at the turnstile automatically thought I was their mother (well, I am almost old enough). Went on Space Mtn after getting off of the monorail. We then zoomed over to the castle to get our pictures taken (I bought a copy of the photo for their dad's office), then off to Adventure land. We grabbed a fast pass for Indy and progressed to my favorite, the Haunted Mansion. We went to that little French fast food cafe to get a drink while we were waiting for Indy, and the 15 yo had her first mint julep (non-al., of course). We did some shopping while we waited, so they would have gifts to bring home to their brother and sister. Then we went on Indy (again- these girls can't get enough). Afterwards, I told them we had to ride some rides that they did not see in WDW - like Mr Toad and Pinoc. We were going to try Roger Rabbit, but it was about 1:30pm and we were supposed to leave at 3. We did more shopping (the 16 yo was looking for a Mother's day gift) and off to grab a bite in Fantsyland before going back to Las Vegas. Neeless to say, we left at 4:15pm and wished we could have stayed another day! While this was my third trip to the resort, they had only been there once, and had never stayed on property. I wish we had more time, but we had fun in the time we did have. I really liked DCA! Will have to go back again! Thanks for listening! :earsgirl:

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm sitting here being incredibly jealous as I prefer DLR over WDW :)

Too bad you didn't get to go on Roger Rabbit. That's my second favorite "dark ride" after Mr. Toad :)

Thanks for sharing :) :)

I really wanted to take them on RR, but the wait was 35 minutes. While the wait time is padded slightly, at that point, I was still hoping to leave on time. That 4 hour ride back to Las Vegas was way to long! Next time I visit my uncle, I would love to go longer and take the 10 & 7 yo too! Thanks for reading!

I know what you mean. I only got on RR the last time thanks to getting an early FP. By the time I got there at my appointed time, the line stretched to the entrance of Toontown :D

Thanks so much for the Great Report, getting ready for a September Trip, can't wait!!!

How was the hotel? We are thinking about driving down and staying at the GCH. Any thoughts?

<font color=navy>Thanks for the report! Sounds like you all had such a good time. Your cousins are lucky to have you to take them down. :)

How was the hotel

I have stayed there twice and really liked it. The rooms aren't quite as big as the rooms at the contemporary in WDW, but they are only a little smaller. When i went in 1999, I shared the room with three other adults and we had no problem. This time was especially convient, as the tower we were in was closest to DTD. We walked to both parks and it took about 5-10 minutes. Service is great and the parking is fine (not really close, unless you are in the tower with the main lobby). I have always wanted to try the pool, but never got the chance. Heard it's great though. Goofy's Kitchen is great too, like Chef Mickey's in WDW.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. We have been super busy at work (two people out having babys) and my grandpa died on July 10, so I haven't been around.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter