Quick help guardians

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Ok, last min tips for guardians tomorrow morning...
It's NOT an early morning entry..
I plan to be at the gate by 7am..

Will they let us in the park by 7:30?
Where do I go from there? Best/quickest way to the fast passes or just ride?

HELP!!

HELP!!

I can't tell you what time you'll be let in but you're going to want to head left. Stay all the way left on the sidewalk on the left if you want to ride first and on the right hand sidewalk if you want a fastpass first. I'd ride then pull the FP if it were me.

HELP!!
When you walk in and go left there will be a stand by line on the side with the fountain and a FP line on the opposite side. There will be CMs with signs directing you.

On Tuesday I had it in my head that DCA didn't open until 9am. We got through security and to the gate about 8:45am. The line for stand by was full but not down the street, I think it was 60mins by then. The line for FPs was very short, maybe 20 or so people ahead of us. We were in line probably 10 mins and pulled passes for 12:05-1:05.

On Thursday we walked into the park at 7:54 am. Stand by was not quite to the corner and FP line was wrapped behind the queue for whatever show it was they were doing there. We felt stand by didn't look so bad so hopped in line there first. I asked the CM how long from that point and he said 90 mins so we hopped over to the FP line. Two minutes later the park officially opened and both lines moved very quickly. As we got toward the front we saw the wait for Stand by was 15 mins. We very briefly discussed hopping over, riding stand by and then getting FPs but decided we didn't want to be that aggressive with our last day. The FP line moved very smoothly and we had FPs for 9:35-10:35. The whole thing took less than 15mins. We went and used the restroom, did some shopping in the GoTG gift shop. By then it was 8:35 and stand by was up to an hour wait, the line for FPs like it was on Tuesday. We could have very easily done stand by then FP first thing in the morning and that was with strolling in as the park opened.

Bottom line: if you get there somewhat earlyish in the morning you won't miss out on Guardians FPs.

I went last Tuesday. Arrived around 7:15am. They let us in around 7:40. I went to the FP line by Disney Jr (I think that's what it's called), and my family went to the standby line. Both lines started moving at 8. Once I got the FPs I was able to join my family in the standby line. Note that we cut it very close and that strategy might not always work. I told them to go without me if I was unable to catch up, but was luckily able to. I was able to grab another Guardians FP later that morning. We ride it three times with minimal wait.

I asked the CM how long from that point and he said 90 mins so we hopped over to the FP line. Two minutes later the park officially opened and both lines moved very quickly. As we got toward the front we saw the wait for Stand by was 15 mins.
So the CM said 90 but it was really 15? Was the CM deliberately discouraging getting on Standby, confused because perhaps the interior lines hadn't filled up yet, or just ignorant? Or am I misunderstanding?

How fast did you need to walk to get to the lines from the rope drop?

Suppose you only wanted to ride it once. Would it make sense to do Soarin' first, and then hit the GotG FP kiosks?

So the CM said 90 but it was really 15? Was the CM deliberately discouraging getting on Standby, confused because perhaps the interior lines hadn't filled up yet, or just ignorant? Or am I misunderstanding?

How fast did you need to walk to get to the lines from the rope drop?

Suppose you only wanted to ride it once. Would it make sense to do Soarin' first, and then hit the GotG FP kiosks?
Technically the park wasn't open yet so the inside queue for stand by was not filled yet. Both lines started moving as soon as they announced the park was now open. At that time I had been in the park a whole six minutes. I'd say both lines reached the front of the ride from the point we were at in about 10 mins. It was at that point that standby said 15 mins. Because we decided not to hop over there and remained in the FP line I can't say for certain if it would have been 15 mins from that point for us or not. Twenty minutes later there were CMs stringing rope as the line built and it said 60 mins. From that I can say that the CM was mistaken about it being 90 mins from the original point. I think he was just overestimating. The was a brief debate in the MaxPass thread about whether the parks were busy or not this week. I felt they were pretty busy (but not slammed) on Thursday. Based on that I would say it was safe to hit Soarin and then hit the GoTG FP queue if you were there bright and early. From my experience on Tuesday getting FPs about an hour after opening I would have been comfortable doing it then too. But that is me and I hesitate to say that is what you should do. I don't want to steer you wrong. My plan for next visit would be to ride RSR at opening and then get GoTG FPs after.

eta: I missed one of your questions. I do not do rope drop, I'm usually hitting the security lines as the park is opening. Just so happens this day we ended up in the park about 6 mins before official opening. I did not hurry to the lines, more like strolled, lol. We got in Stand by first, changed our mind upon hearing 90 mins and maybe two minutes later the park "opened" and the line started moving. So I dinked around for at least four mins.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for your help/tips, especially last minute!
We got to the gate at 7:40 and they opened the gate shortly after. The day was NOT an early magic morning or whatever they call it.

Just as mentioned, those that wanted to ride lined up on the left side of the backlot street and those that wanted a fastpass used the playhouse Disney que.

We chose the FP and got a return time of 9:15. So we went on luigies and maters and AT 9:15 we got a FP for radiator springs...THEN went back to ride guardians.

IT WAS AWESOME! And worth the early morning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter