Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands down best value of any QS is at Geyser Springs at Wilderness Lodge. Polite Pig at Disney Springs used to be my top suggestion, but Geyser is significantly better. Cocktails are high-end top-shelf (not frozen typical Disney sugar junk), and you have a server and can order steak, bison burgers, salmon, etc. TS level quality at QS price.

No brainer best value in the entirety of WDW.

Are you talking about geyser point?

Here are a couple alcoholic drink/QS related things that came up during my recent trip during the first week of August 2018:

Lotus Blossum in the China pavilion has restrictions on which beer you get included with your meal. Tsing Tao is the only beer you can get with a QS credit. When I tried to get the Foo draft, I was told that one wasn’t included.

Tangierine Café in the Morocco pavilion also had restrictions. I couldn’t get the strawberry daiquiri with my QS credit but I could get any of the wines/beer. The casa beer is good, so I wasn’t too bummed. (Unrelated: I ended up ordering the strawberry daiquiri separately and it was the strongest alcoholic beverage I have ever, EVER had in Disney.)

I had no problem ordering booze with my QS credit at Satu’li Canteen, but the mixed drink (wine + curaçao) was NASTY anyways! Lol! I also didn’t have any issues in Hollywood Studios.

Not QS, but I learned from a friend dining at ‘Ohana that the lapu lapu drink (the famous one in the pineapple) was included with your dining plan credit. However, you have to pay extra if you want it actually served in the pineapple. That alcoholic drink served only in the glass is included.

Hi, you don’t have Sierra Nevada Pale Ale italicised for Fairfax Fare but I can confirm that’s available on the QSDP (even saw someone order one at breakfast)

Haven’t heard about this in a while so wondering what the word is: If my kid orders an adult QS meal, can I order an extra beer?

Haven’t heard about this in a while so wondering what the word is: If my kid orders an adult QS meal, can I order an extra beer?

no, one beer per ID per transaction. If you want to wait through the line twice you can order your meal + beer and then their meal + beer, but the kid cannot order a beer even with you with them. I also saw them ask for the 2nd adult at the mobile ordering station when trying to pick up that way FYI.

I’m not saying you couldn’t get lucky, but only 1 adult beverage per adult on your reservation. I saw the CM’s asking for for ID for the second alcoholic drinks at the register and the mobile order pick up window, when it appeared people were trying to do this exact same thing and they were denied the second drink. You may be able to make two separate orders, but if you order the 2 meals at the same time, I don’t believe it will be allowed.

I’m not saying you couldn’t get lucky, but only 1 adult beverage per adult on your reservation. I saw the CM’s asking for for ID for the second alcoholic drinks at the register and the mobile order pick up window, when it appeared people were trying to do this exact same thing and they were denied the second drink. You may be able to make two separate orders, but if you order the 2 meals at the same time, I don’t believe it will be allowed.
Ok. This is all fine and understandable. If I mobile order and get a drink for myself and my wife and she is finding a table with our kids will they ask for 2 ids?

Ok. This is all fine and understandable. If I mobile order and get a drink for myself and my wife and she is finding a table with our kids will they ask for 2 ids?

2 IDs MOST OF THE TIME works, some CM get particular. your original question was if your kid ordered a meal could you get the beer and the answer is no. A friend of mine mobile ordered and her husband came back to the table and said she had to go up with her ID to get the beer herself, but they had done it at other QS without issues.

If there are 2 adults on your reservation, then I believe you could get 2 alcoholic drinks without any issue. The issue comes when you try to order more alcoholic drinks then you have adults on reservation.

2 IDs MOST OF THE TIME works, some CM get particular. your original question was if your kid ordered a meal could you get the beer and the answer is no. A friend of mine mobile ordered and her husband came back to the table and said she had to go up with her ID to get the beer herself, but they had done it at other QS without issues.

Usually I go find a table whilst my fiancé orders our meals. It's just the 2 of us on our reservation. If he takes my ID up to the counter with him and they ask to see it, would he be ok just showing my ID or would I have to be with him so they can check he's ordering for me? Not sure if they can see my name on their system to confirm I'm the other person named on the reservation.

An adult needs to provide their picture id so the cm can validate the id against the person appearing in front of them.

no, one beer per ID per transaction. If you want to wait through the line twice you can order your meal + beer and then their meal + beer, but the kid cannot order a beer even with you with them. I also saw them ask for the 2nd adult at the mobile ordering station when trying to pick up that way FYI.

I don’t know if this is particularly true. At least it wasn’t for me two weeks ago. Went quick service for 7 nights and got 4 alcoholic drinks with every meal. 2 adults and 2 kids- and I’d always get adult meals. At first, I thought I had to be sneaky, as the order takers told us it was TWO adult beverages per adult maximum. But they started just putting all 4 on a single order without question.

Keep in mind this was at every single QS we visited at every single park, water park or resort for lunch or dinner.

Typhoon Lagoon qs, Blizzard Beach qs, Satulii canteen, Yak and Yeti, backlot Express, Katsuri Grill (japan), polite pig (x2), geyser point (x2) and both the chuck wagon (and other QS place at FW, forget name).

Not a single place said a word or had issue with us grabbing 4 adult beverages with 2 adults and 2 kids.

I don’t know if this is particularly true. At least it wasn’t for me two weeks ago. Went quick service for 7 nights and got 4 alcoholic drinks with every meal. 2 adults and 2 kids- and I’d always get adult meals. At first, I thought I had to be sneaky, as the order takers told us it was TWO adult beverages per adult maximum. But they started just putting all 4 on a single order without question.

Keep in mind this was at every single QS we visited at every single park, water park or resort for lunch or dinner.

Typhoon Lagoon qs, Blizzard Beach qs, Satulii canteen, Yak and Yeti, backlot Express, Katsuri Grill (japan), polite pig (x2), geyser point (x2) and both the chuck wagon (and other QS place at FW, forget name).

Not a single place said a word or had issue with us grabbing 4 adult beverages with 2 adults and 2 kids.
If you just did this 2 weeks ago, then I would say the CM’s are no longer monitoring this like they were when I was there 4th of July week

I have definitely seen and heard of adults getting extra beers etc. With their Kids quick service meals as long as the meals were adult they weren't carding or policing at all.

That is extremely disappointing. They should be diligent in alcohol distribution.

I worry that if they start letting people take more then 1 alcoholic drink away how are they checking ID's? It seems like a good way for underage drinkers to get in trouble thus causing the person who gave them the alcohol, the CM, to be liable....

I worry that if they start letting people take more then 1 alcoholic drink away how are they checking ID's? It seems like a good way for underage drinkers to get in trouble thus causing the person who gave them the alcohol, the CM, to be liable....

You've been able to buy 2 alcoholic beverages per person with ID for as long as I can remember (pre alcohol being part of the DDP).

You've been able to buy 2 alcoholic beverages per person with ID for as long as I can remember (pre alcohol being part of the DDP).
I think Shannie102 was referring to people getting 1 alcholic drink with their meal and then 1 alcoholic drink with their child (Disney adult over age 10 but under 21) adult QS meal. If they weren’t verifying ID’s for the alcoholic drink being given for the under 21 meal, then This could potentially allow people under the age of 21 consuming alcohol.
Honestly, I don’t care if one adult gets an extra alcoholic meal using their kids QS credit. It’s not like they are going to get drunk off of it. I know its cheering the system, but I personally don’t feel like it’s a huge deal. But, I do fear if there is no monitoring (which it sounds like recently there has not been a lot), then kids under 21 May try and sneak an alcoholic beverage with their meals (especially mobile ordering) and I would hate for Disney to get in trouble for this and potentially loose the option for alcohol all together

So are these people who are getting an alcoholic drinks with their kid's credit not getting their kid a drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!