Quick Service Dining Questions

AskSiri

Earning My Ears
Hi, you lovely, helpful people. I tried skimming through several pages of this forum looking for answers myself, but after about page 7 or 8, I was thinking I had to have missed something staring me right in the face. Keep in mind, I've never been one to have much success finding Waldo, lol.

Anyway, back to my point.

Heading down to Disney for the first time in a while (around 4 years) in June and doing the QSDP for the first time. Before we've always had the regular dining plan thanks to free dining promotions. We're a little bummed out that we're going to miss out on some of our fave TS restaurants, but a little excited also because our limited time down there won't be so scheduled.

Looking over the entitlements, everything seems fine. Reading different threads though, we've found out you no longer get a dessert with your counter service meal. This isn't necessarily a deal breaker--we didn't always want dessert--but we did enjoy it on occasion because it was like a treat you know? Something out of the ordinary because it's something we don't indulge in too much at home and at Disney, indulging is the game and I don't know. I just felt like I was getting my money's worth getting something I wouldn't normally pay for.

Anybody had any luck recently exchanging drinks for dessert?

And...is it your experience that the options are more restricted? Like WGPE, for instance. Are you limited to the brownies and fruit cups as snacks as opposed to using a snack credit for the cheesecake? Come to think of it, I don't even think they allowed us to get the cheesecake as a snack credit last time. We were only allowed to order it as dessert to go with our entrée.

I guess I'm just wondering if most dessert items are available as snack credits or has Disney put their foot down and said nope. You want that? You're paying OOP or getting the DDP?

I don't even know if I'm making any sense or muddling everything all up.

What is your personal experience?

Good question! I hope someone knows the answer. We are headed there over Easter and haven’t been for a few years. It’s amazing how much I’ve forgot about all this Disney planning.

Last edited:
They basically just split it. You now get 2 snacks per night, so you can use them for a dessert at the time of the meal or something later on. It is a rare occurrence to change a drink for a dessert.

You did not lose your dessert, you got an extra snack to use whenever you want. Personally, as a dessert lover, this change was welcomed because you get a wider variety of sweet and are not stuck with the cupcake or brownie.

You may have luck swapping the beverage for a dessert at your resort, less in the parks.

You did not lose your dessert, you got an extra snack to use whenever you want. Personally, as a dessert lover, this change was welcomed because you get a wider variety of sweet and are not stuck with the cupcake or brownie.

You may have luck swapping the beverage for a dessert at your resort, less in the parks.

Well, years ago you got a dessert with your QS meal and two snacks. Then they cut it to one snack for a year or two. Then they took away the dessert and gave you back the second snack credit. So overall it is a net loss over what it used to be.

Most dessert items are available as snack credits.

Several times last Summer we were able to swap the drink for a dessert. But, several times we could not. We were successful at PizzeRizzo, Be Our Guest (lunch), and Sunshine Seasons. It may be hit and miss, depending who is working or the manager on duty.

Also, if you drink alcohol, an alcoholic drink is usually a better bang for your buck than any of the desserts.

Also, if you drink alcohol, an alcoholic drink is usually a better bang for your buck than any of the desserts.
True. We don't drink much but it was nice to relax for a later night dinner at HS while sipping a frozen drink. If it wasn't included on the dining plan, they would have been $11.50 each.

Anybody had any luck recently exchanging drinks for dessert?

And...is it your experience that the options are more restricted? Like WGPE, for instance. Are you limited to the brownies and fruit cups as snacks as opposed to using a snack credit for the cheesecake? Come to think of it, I don't even think they allowed us to get the cheesecake as a snack credit last time. We were only allowed to order it as dessert to go with our entrée.

I guess I'm just wondering if most dessert items are available as snack credits or has Disney put their foot down and said nope. You want that? You're paying OOP or getting the DDP?

I don't even know if I'm making any sense or muddling everything all up.

What is your personal experience?

No drink-for-dessert exchange, especially now that alcohol is allowed as the drink if the guest is over 21.

However, as some have mentioned, you can use one of your snack credits to get a dessert in addition to your QS meal/drink.

If you're wondering whether specific desserts can be ordered as a snack credit, you can go on the MDE app and pull up the menu for a LOT of the QS locations, (choose Order Food from the home page) if they allow mobile ordering - anything that qualifies as a snack credit will be noted.

As far as the cheesecake at WGPE, as of last year it wasn't included in the snack credit options - there are definitely restrictions to be aware of when using the dining plan, so if you have your heart set on something better to plan on paying OOP and maybe getting a pleasant surprise when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter