Quick Service with a toddler

meredetrois2

Doesn't like eating around a bone
We are planning a trip for July 2020 with our grown children, their spouses and two grandsons. We have done the quick service meal plan in the past and I was wondering how that works with a 2 1/2 year old. I know we won't have to buy a theme park ticket for him but will he be able to share a meal with his parents or do we need to pay for the meal plan for him?

2.5 year olds don't need park tickets or meal plans. They can eat off anyone else's plate or you can get them something out of pocket.

My DD will be 2 1/2 also when we visit next summer. We plan on getting the QSDP and having her split adult meals with her older brother since they don't differentiate credits. You can definitely split QS meals at any location, or pay for a separate kids meal OOP if you choose.

Just a word of caution

We don’t know if there will be any changes to the dining plans in 2020. They could start enforcing their own rules or differentiate credits. Or they could do nothing and things stay as they have been.

Just a word of caution

We don’t know if there will be any changes to the dining plans in 2020. They could start enforcing their own rules or differentiate credits. Or they could do nothing and things stay as they have been.
Yeah, I understand what you mean... but I think that would be a little difficult to enforce with a mobile pick up order. We usually only buy 2 meals at a time anyway and spread it out over 3 meals in a day for the most part. Disney can't force people to not share plates in a quick service environment. Even if they do end up differentiating credits, we would probably still end up with a surplus of credits at the end of our trip (and my husband eats ALOT!). The QSDP really is a lot of food!

Thank you for all your answers. When our children were young, the boys split quick service meals and there wasn't a problem with the credits. I know things have changed a lot since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!