Quiet day at MCO

NH-to-FL

DIS Veteran
I flew out of MCO yesterday morning, Wednesday Jan 17th, and found the airport to be fairly quiet.

Just before 9am I walked right up to the 'TSA Pre' ID checkpoint and after dropping my backpack and jacket on the X-ray conveyor I walked right through the magnetometer. Then I walked right into the tram to go to gates 100-129. I have never experienced such a quick and painless MCO TSA experience.

After a quick stop at Hudson's for fluids and snacks I wandered down to gate 108. I was quite surprised how empty that section of the airport was. A number of the gates were empty. I can't recall when I've seen fewer people in the Southwest wing of MCO.

My plane was waiting when I got to the gate. The flight left on time and arrived in snowy NH 20 minutes early. The flight was not full and I enjoyed an empty middle seat. Thinking about it I guess some folks might have rescheduled their travel due to the weather. About 6" of snow had fallen in southern NH over the previous 12 hours. A slow enough snow for the airport and road crews to keep the travel ways clear.

All together it was the most painless MCO based trip I have ever made. I am hoping for the same when I return next week.

We flew out Wednesday afternoon and also had a smooth experience including an empty seat in our row While the airport wasn't empty by any means, it also was not backed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter