• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

R: Waffle House Waffles *UPDATE - Mickey Waffles too! (Thanks)*

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
While we are still looking for that elusive Mickey Waffle recipe, here's one from the famous Waffle House that serves up waffles the size of plates.

For the best clone of the 45-year-old secret formula for these waffles you really should chill this batter overnight in the fridge as they do in each of the restaurants. But, hey, sometimes you just can't wait, right? If you need instant gratification, the recipe still works fine if you cook up the waffles the same day. At least wait for 15-20 minutes after you make the batter so that it can rest and thicken a bit. That'll give you time to search for the waffle iron and heat it up. Also, you might need some time to dust it off.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl. Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating. Mix until smooth.
4. Cover and chill overnight. (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes the batter better.)
5. Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron. Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
6. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffles are light brown. 
Makes 6 waffles.

We just returned last night from a fast one day trip to Disney, before we left we stopped by Downtown Disney and my DH surprised me with a Mickey waffle iron! Inside the box was a recipe for Mickey Waffles. I hope this is the one you are looking for. I can't wait to try it!

Here is the recipe:

Basic Mickey Waffles

4 eggs, separated
1 cut milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light. Add cooled melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder & salt, beat well. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into batter. Bake and serve.

I heard somewhere that you can put a tablespoon or so of Malted Milk Powder into waffles for flavor, has anyone ever heard of this or tried it? I really don't remember if it's something I really heard, or if it just magically appeared in my brain one day...:rolleyes: (that seems to be happening more and more as I get older...*sigh*)

:D

Yes Robin, you can do that. In fact, during my waffle recipe search I found a company that produces malt flavored flour for waffles and pancakes. It's an industrial mix that some restaurants use.

That malted milk powder may be THE secret ingredient in many of our favorite breakfast items.

Thanks so much for the recipe!

I plan to try them both:)

You know I just so happen to have a waffle maker around here somewhere. I may have to break it out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter