Radiator spring racers height requirments confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in Disneyland is this plannable. I've made ADRs where we had to wait another hour once we got there. I've been there in line when rides have broken down. Wind has cancelled fireworks on me. Sometimes guests do something dumb and get a ride shut down for the day. Things change. It's a complex park with tens of thousands of visitors. Don't count on any single detail but enjoy whatever happens to be available while you are there.

WHEN I say wrong I mean that if DVD SAYS 40 inches then testing was finished when DVD was mailed. If peoples argument is that Disney hasnt said on there website yet because testing is not finished then why was it on an official Disney DVD. You can't say human error because you don't know. The only thing I know is they still havent said anything 3 weeks before rides open.

WHEN I say wrong I mean that if DVD SAYS 40 inches then testing was finished when DVD was mailed. If peoples argument is that Disney hasnt said on there website yet because testing is not finished then why was it on an official Disney DVD. You can't say human error because you don't know. The only thing I know is they still havent said anything 3 weeks before rides open.

If somebody publicized a height requirement before the park went public with it that's human error. Hopefully the height it says is correct as my son is right on the edge as well, but either way somebody screwed up and put it on the DVD early.

By the way the Matterhorn has been lost in all this talk. Does anyone.know what's going on there. It seems now people aren't even sure if there using lap bar, lap belt, seat belt, black belt etc... How is this possible, when again last year it was reported numerous places that they would be using lap bar.

WHAT ABOUT THE SUPPOSED DVD OR BROCHURE FROM DISNEY, THAT SAID 40 INCHES. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS BECAUSE IF THAT IS TRUE THAN PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE WRONG. I am not yelling

...:rolleyes:

In OTHER WORDS DISNEY SCREWED UP. THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO HEAR.

Disney screwed up. Ok? Phew...that was simple.

Last year goofy sky school height requirment was announced months in advance. So it can b done

Nothing safety related (restraint system) changed about Goofy in its transformation from Mulholland. This is not a comparable example.

By the way the Matterhorn has been lost in all this talk. Does anyone.know what's going on there. It seems now people aren't even sure if there using lap bar, lap belt, seat belt, black belt etc... How is this possible, when again last year it was reported numerous places that they would be using lap bar.

No, it hasn't been lost in all this talk. This was started to talk about RSR! I actually tried looking for sources that say lap bar. I can't find "numerous".

And while Disney may (or may not) know the height restrictions for the rides at this point, you don't know them yet. Don't get upset at DIS members for not knowing either or not knowing whether or not Disney even knows at this point.

But 3 weeks before rides are to open? Come on that info should be out by now. WE PLAN AHEAD SO SHOULD THEY. TESTING SHOULD BE DONE.
Again, I get that you are frustrated, but typing in all caps is the equivalent of yelling at all of us over and over again and nobody here has done anything to be yelled at for.

Nothing in Disneyland is this plannable. I've made ADRs where we had to wait another hour once we got there. I've been there in line when rides have broken down. Wind has cancelled fireworks on me. Sometimes guests do something dumb and get a ride shut down for the day. Things change. It's a complex park with tens of thousands of visitors. Don't count on any single detail but enjoy whatever happens to be available while you are there.
:thumbsup2 Yes yes yes!!!!!!!! Life is imperfect, things don't go how we want every time. If you are lucky enough to be planning a trip to Disneyland, stop stressing over things you just can't change. Hopping up and down and getting red in the face isn't going to get you the answers you want.

But the DVD saying 40 inches doesn't necessarily mean that at all. It only means that was the projection when the DVD was made. Perhaps something changed after that. And, I still say human error, because whatever error it is, a human is behind it.

...And while Disney may (or may not) know the height restrictions for the rides at this point, you don't know them yet. Don't get upset at DIS members for not knowing either or not knowing whether or not Disney even knows at this point.
Thank you for putting this into words.

I am typing on cell phone so the caps keep getting screwed up. I am nit checking punctuation and caps. If the Dvd was a projection than why.has.it never been on there website. Why not project on there as well and put subject to change. I know life is not perfect but sorry stupidity on Disneylands part. You need to understand the point I am trying to make these 2 rides are the main.reason people will be running there with there children in record numbers starting in June. Somebody who got DVD and saw the 40 inch requirment, then goes ahead and shows up with there kid who is 40 inches only to be turned away would be devasting to a lot of kids when they read oops sorry its 42 inches DVD WAS WRong. That's not good business. Not everyone checks these boards in fact most don't. So people can only go by what they last read or saw. Life isn't perfect, but Disney sure as hell doesn't need to complicate things even more.

I am typing on cell phone so the caps keep getting screwed up. I am nit checking punctuation and caps. If the Dvd was a projection than why.has.it never been on there website. Why not project on there as well and put subject to change. I know life is not perfect but sorry stupidity on Disneylands part. You need to understand the point I am trying to make these 2 rides are the main.reason people will be running there with there children in record numbers starting in June. Somebody who got DVD and saw the 40 inch requirment, then goes ahead and shows up with there kid who is 40 inches only to be turned away would be devasting to a lot of kids when they read oops sorry its 42 inches DVD WAS WRong. That's not good business. Not everyone checks these boards in fact most don't. So people can only go by what they last read or saw. Life isn't perfect, but Disney sure as hell doesn't need to complicate things even more.

I really don't get what you want to get out of this conversation. Validation? :confused3

I know this might come as a surprise but you aren't the only one who might be inconvenienced by not knowing exact details but you have to plan for your own family/trip to to the best of your ability with the information that is available. As pointed out above things don't always work out perfectly , but allowing yourself flexibility will make things much easier. Being a stress ball about all the unknowns won't change the final outcome. I get the frustration but if it's going to be that much of a "make of break" then perhaps you should re evaluate everything to begin with.

Things can change at the last minute. Sometimes press release info is cited incorrectly , it could be a million reasons. Just try to be patient and understanding that no one is singling you out and I am sure there are countless others with your same questions. We are just in wait and see mode.

I figure that knowing the height requirements by the time we enter the parks is sufficient timing. I'm pretty sure we'll all know by then whether or not children of a certain height can get on an attraction or not.

I just remembered before the days of the internet and mass communication how many times we all went to the parks and found out when we got there by reading the daily guide what attractions we could and could not get on. We found out how long the lines were when we walked up to an attraction, and pretty much dealt with it. We still had a blast.

I think planning is great and all that. I'm a big planner myself. But it just doesn't make much sense to me to get so upset before ever stepping foot in the park.

I'm going to move this over to the DL Community Board since it's not really a planning thread.

You know, reading through this post you make it sound like Disney has a personal vendetta to not tell people information. I highly doubt that is the case. They sent a DVD, maybe it is correct, maybe it isn't. Given that you are that concerned about this detail I suggest you continue to try and contact Disney yourself and get the answer instead of trying to force a bunch of other people who are in the same boat as you to give you an answer that satisfies you. Then if you get the answer you can be the one privileged to bring the information back to the masses and share the wealth as all the other wonderful people here try to do. Continuing to be-labor the point to simply get someone to agree with your reasoning does nothing to get the bottom line answer that you desire.

No vendetta, just idiotic on there part. I dont know.how many of you are close to Disney and can go when you want, but I am not local so its a one shot deal. Oh and to the moderator things have changed. Prices have sky rocketed, techonolgy has taken off. People expect info.quickly. Disney wants my money in advance to stay on property, well I want height requirments in advance. Works both ways.

No vendetta, just idiotic on there part. I dont know.how many of you are close to Disney and can go when you want, but I am not local so its a one shot deal. Oh and to the moderator things have changed. Prices have sky rocketed, techonolgy has taken off. People expect info.quickly. Disney wants my money in advance to stay on property, well I want height requirments in advance. Works both ways.

Well I can only speak for myself...we don't live close, will be going in June. You say "People" yet you are the main one demanding an answer/want people to see things your way. Many in this post empathize/sympathize with the frustration but many also seem to be able see what will happen. If you can't/don't want to then maybe finding the answer directly from the "horses mouth" is the best resolution for you vs trying to get people to agree with you or give you a definitive answer that they can't. Ultimately you want to know a height requirement to decide if you are going or not. It sounds like until you get that answer it wouldn't be advantageous for you to make a decision one way or another. Trying to convince "people" here that Disney is idiotic seems to me a rather futile point to contend.

Look I love Disney. I have been to world once and land once. Had a great time at both. The only negative I found in Disneyland were the narrow walkways that made it difficult to get around in July. Other than that it was awesome. Disneyworld was great but the humidity sucks and I realized that Disneylworld was alot of walking but not alot of rides. Still we loved both. I just hate to disappoint my little one thats all. My fault for hyping up rides, I know. I just want to make a descision and as wrong as this may sound it does hinge on whether my little one can ride those two rides. I was there last July when Matterhorn was down for there first phase of refurbishment. So I dont want to have my son miss it again. This time because of the height requirment.

Look I love Disney. I have been to world once and land once. Had a great time at both. The only negative I found in Disneyland were the narrow walkways that made it difficult to get around in July. Other than that it was awesome. Disneyworld was great but the humidity sucks and I realized that Disneylworld was alot of walking but not alot of rides. Still we loved both. I just hate to disappoint my little one thats all. My fault for hyping up rides, I know. I just want to make a descision and as wrong as this may sound it does hinge on whether my little one can ride those two rides. I was there last July when Matterhorn was down for there first phase of refurbishment. So I dont want to have my son miss it again. This time because of the height requirment.

I think that is very valid and what works for you. I guess I would just say for your peace of mind don't make a decision until you "know" and it sounds like right now Disney directly might be your best option to find that answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter