Raging Waters or Soak City?

Raging Waters is much bigger than Soak City, but a fair piece away. There's also Wild Rivers in Irvine, just down the 5 freeway. All of them have websites. I'd suggest looking them up and comparing. I've only been to Raging Waters and I like that one.

Raging Waters is much bigger than Soak City, but a fair piece away. There's also Wild Rivers in Irvine, just down the 5 freeway. All of them have websites. I'd suggest looking them up and comparing. I've only been to Raging Waters and I like that one.
I was talking about the Raging Waters at San Dimas - is it really that far from DL? How long is the drive? Thanks!

I was talking about the Raging Waters at San Dimas - is it really that far from DL? How long is the drive? Thanks!

It's about 25 miles, and in rush hour traffic I'd guess about 45 minutes, less on the weekends.

I would do Ragging waters if you are going to do a water park. It is rated #3 best water park in the US. Are you renting a car? I have made it from DL in 25 minutes. Just wait till Rush hr traffic to go and leave.

We live in SanDiego and go every year. Knotts Soak city is about 15 minutes away from DL but not as good as Ragging waters.

I'd go with Wild Rivers myself. Much shorter drive from Disneyland and also located near the ginormous Irvine Spectrum shopping center. Great eating, shopping, and entertainment there for after your day at the water park.

We can go to either Knott's Soak City or Irvine's Wild Rivers Waterpark with our San Diego Go Card, so which should we consider going to since we have small kids who can't swim like dolphins yet? (kids are 3 and 7).

Thanks.

We went to RW in San Dimas yesterday and their idea of safety and operations and guest service is at the sub-atomic level. My 16 year old daughter was hurt on an attraction, possibly with a broken wrist and a deep cut in her chin that needed 5 stitches to close. Neither of the two of the so-called "lifeguards" watching the attraction saw her fall, and NO ONE from the park asked if she was OK or was the least bit empathetic. There are no first aid kits at any of the attractions. The first aid trailer was a long 10 minute walk from the attraction. The EMT at the trailer was a jerk and we had to repeatedly request an ice pack for her obviously swollen wrist. We were patient and polite to them, too, not raging emotional parents.

Line management is non-existent, and people rudely cut in front of one another all day long. RW takes the "self-regulating line" approach, which basically means they cut costs on the ops side at the expense of guest satisfaction. Either lower your expectations or don't go at all. This place is a mess, and they don't care about the guest. Why should I go out of my way to give them my money?

I would pass on Soak City. We've done both the one at Palm Springs (horrible) and Buena Park (okay) I've heard good things about Wild Rivers. My choice would be Wild Rivers

I Have Not Been To Raging Waters In About Ten Years, But We Did Go To Soak City About A Year Ago. It Was Alright, They Have A Nice Little Kids Area. But Is Is Very Small, And It Is Covered In Cement, Which Gets Very Hot On Your Feet. So You Would Want To Wear Sandles, But Wear Ones That Slip On And Off, Because They Won't Let You Wear Them On The Slides.

I like Raging Waters, but it's been a few years since I've been there. I would probably choose Wild Rivers, then Raging Waters, and then Soak City.

Soak City may be a fun park, but it's in the middle of the city, and seems crowded to me.

I would pass on Soak City. We've done both the one at Palm Springs (horrible) and Buena Park (okay) I've heard good things about Wild Rivers. My choice would be Wild Rivers

problem with wild rivers is there is only like7 slides and u have to pay for like EVERYTHING like the tubes and stuff just saying...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter