• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rain, Rain, Rain!!!!!

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
I heard on the Weather Channel that it was suppose to RAIN while I'm in Florida this week. Thunderstorms. But I have a question, Is thunderstorms, everyday, NORMAL for Florida. They go on and off right. I know, it sounds like a stupid question. But I just want to make sure that the Sunshine State lives up to its name.:mad:

Sorry to bring you the bad news, but our weather is so unpredictable, 1 day it will be gorgeous and full of sunshine, the next miserablly raining all day, and to top it off rains almost every afternoon for an hour or two. Hopefully you'll be here a week or more so you'll be able to enjoy the good part (sunshine)of the 50% weather predictions we have.

It's a safe bet to have ponchos handy.
Also try to keep up on the local news weather forecast as well as the weather channel nightly during your stay here, to try to have a plan ready for the next day's weather.

Welcome to Florida in the Summertime.

Remember, Florida is sub-tropical - and now in the middle of the "rain season"

During the summer, it rains nearly every afternoon in Florida. You can almost set your watch by it. The rule of thumb is to try to do the outdoor rides before noon and start looking for places to hide in when the clouds get ugly. You do not want to be outside while thunderstorms are going off! :)

Listen to what they are saying, they are exactly right! Last year we were at WDW in September and like clockwork every afternoon the clouds would roll in and we'd get a thinderstorm for an hour or so. I do have to admit I liked watching it from CBR where we were staying and it just gave us a good excuse to relax a bit before heading out again after it cleared up. I wouldn't worry about it too much or put so much faith in weather forecasts. I think we all have known them to be wrong every now and then. ;)

What time do the storms usually hit? Is it generally early or late afternoon?

For years we went to Florida in July or August and found an occassional day shower, but always one late afternoon, early evening. We tried to eat during that time.
We've gone at Easter the last two years and the difference in the weather is unbelievable, we've had no rain and warm sunny weather. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to like the weather as much as us because the crowds are the trade off.

But don't worry, just like you get the rain, you'll have the sun. Enjoy.

any day in orlando has 30% chance of rain. It's really a hit or miss with the sea brease.

someone mentioned this, but it should be emphasized....Rain is good! cools everything down, and everyone leaves, thus leaving short lines after the storm. It works, just watch....people flock for the gates, just grab a poncho or a nice spot and watch all the others run by in a drenched stupor... ;)

You can watch people wait in line to buy a poncho and see the rain stop as soon as they pull it over their heads!

How much are the ponchos?.... and do you really need one as you get absolutely soaked on some of the rides anyway!! Whats one more drenching! :) :D

Xavier,

I can't remember the exact price but it's a lot cheaper if you either take poncho's with you or buy them at the supermarket.

When the rain strikes the poncho's can sell like "hot cakes", especially the kids ones.

I agree with the other responses, the weather breaks between about 2 & 6 pm.

people don't leave if the rain is early like 10. But people do leave if they have already have lunch.

as of 7/14/01 adult poncho was $6.00 and child poncho was $5.00.
pretty expensive for a trash bag with holes

I bought a poncho at Big Lots for 79 cents! I would buy ponchos before going unless you like having one with the IOA logo on the back.

we were just there last week, weatherman said rain all week...we didn't get nearly the rain they said we wd, and some days none! so don't depend on the weatherman in the am! just go and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter