Rainbow Reef

Karlan29

Earning My Ears
I plan on purchasing the whole stay pass for Rainbow Reef for my DGS8. My question is..I think an adult needs to be present for him to snorkel- do they also need to have a pass? Also, can I purchase an adult pass but share it with my DD or DH..so it's not always the same person with him? I hope this makes sense.

Ok, I'll start by saying I don't know any of this for sure....we'd been in Hawaii for 10 days by the time we got to Aulani, and my kids said no way to the reef after all the "real" snorkeling we'd done! (Although if it had been half as much, I'd have gone without them--it's small but very fish-dense!) There are lots of colorful fish, including humahumanukanukaapua'a (I can't say that enough times LOL); it's fun to see how fast those weird-shaped buggers can swim!

If you've ever been to Typhoon Lagoon, it's a similar setup. You couldn't sit on the edge near your grandson--you'd have to be in the Lagoon with him, so I'd be nearly sure you'd have to pay. I would also be willing to bet they would not let it be transferable, both for financial and liability issues. Now if you're sharing with other adults, especially of the same gender.....not sure they'd even know. I don't know if you get a wristband or use your room key or what. Sorry, I know that really didn't help much. But I do think it would be a lot of fun for an 8YO!! And even if you had to pay, you'd prob get some great pics, which is always priceless to me :)

Pretty sure it's not transferable. When you buy the length-of-stay pass, they hole-punch your room key, and each individual room key is printed with each person's individual name. If your grandson is a decent swimmer, he likely won't NEED an adult to be in with him. Everyone wears a life vest, so really, you don't even have to be a swimmer. My son had never before snorkeled, though he is an excellent swimmer (swim team), and he had no issues figuring it out, with almost zero instruction.

Pretty sure it's not transferable. When you buy the length-of-stay pass, they hole-punch your room key, and each individual room key is printed with each person's individual name. If your grandson is a decent swimmer, he likely won't NEED an adult to be in with him. Everyone wears a life vest, so really, you don't even have to be a swimmer. My son had never before snorkeled, though he is an excellent swimmer (swim team), and he had no issues figuring it out, with almost zero instruction.
Thank you

It's definitely not transferable. Only my daughter wanted to do it more than once, so we got her the length of stay. I did it with her once, and DH did it once, and tbh, neither of us thought to send her out (clearly) alone. (However, she basically was alone the time I took her b/c her younger brother was having big issues so all my attention was on him.) Twice was enough for her. You also need the stamp thing for checking out snorkeling equipment at the beach, although we did not test that out b/c we had brought our own anyway.

It's definitely not transferable. Only my daughter wanted to do it more than once, so we got her the length of stay. I did it with her once, and DH did it once, and tbh, neither of us thought to send her out (clearly) alone. (However, she basically was alone the time I took her b/c her younger brother was having big issues so all my attention was on him.) Twice was enough for her. You also need the stamp thing for checking out snorkeling equipment at the beach, although we did not test that out b/c we had brought our own anyway.
Good to know..I didn't think they would be transferable..but hoping. What is this "stamp thing"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter