Random questions - luggage, sofa bed

glk2009

DIS Veteran
I’m probably over-thinking/over-planning...

I am thinking of shipping a box or two to my hotel of items for my cruise (snacks, full-size toiletries,etc.). We are flying with carry-on only because I don’t want to risk losing luggage.

I was originally going to re-pack everything from the box into my carry-on for the cruise but then was wondering if I can just tape a luggage tag to my box and then drop it off with the rest of my luggage for it to be delivered to the cabin. Will that work?

Also, we are a family of four and we were planning to have our kidlets (7, 11) share the sofa bed. We are sailing on the Adventure of the Seas and I am trying to confirm if the sofa bed is a trundle bed (vs a traditional pull out) and if it can be separated into two twins. Our youngest is a mover and shaker when she sleeps so separation is good. Our other plan is to bring an air mattress.

Thanks for all of the info!

Hmm. The former should probably be fine. Just make sure you pack the stuff well as the handlers at port aren't exactly concerned about anything beyond conveying baggage from point a to point b.

Cruise deck plans sometimes has photos/videos of your exact room, worth a look.

Thanks!

Our box won’t have any breakables so it should be ok. Kidlets won’t mind if fruit snacks are squished!

I’ve searched high and low online for cabin photos. Most of what I’ve found just shows the sofa bed as a sofa. And sadly, my cabin isn’t on cruise deck plans. I have checked out cabins in our same category though and found a great video of a nearby cabin but the sofa isn’t opened up.

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Our box won’t have any breakables so it should be ok. Kidlets won’t mind if fruit snacks are squished!

I’ve searched high and low online for cabin photos. Most of what I’ve found just shows the sofa bed as a sofa. And sadly, my cabin isn’t on cruise deck plans. I have checked out cabins in our same category though and found a great video of a nearby cabin but the sofa isn’t opened up.

Thanks again!
I hope someone can offer pictures of the sofa, I would like to see them also. I’ve looked for about a week now with no luck. Also I would like to know if 2 adults could sleep comfortably on those. I like to travel with my parents (I’m 56) and my college age daughter. My husband doesn’t like to cruise and we like the extra time together with them.
Can anyone tell me about their night on the couch?

I am thinking of shipping a box or two to my hotel of items for my cruise (snacks, full-size toiletries,etc.). We are flying with carry-on only because I don’t want to risk losing luggage.

I might be more concerned about my package not arriving on time or the hotel not being able to locate your package, than the airline losing your checked luggage. If you're flying in the day before and the airline happens to lose your luggage, it can *usually* be recovered by that evening or the next morning. Tons of variables, of course.

I hope someone can offer pictures of the sofa, I would like to see them also. I’ve looked for about a week now with no luck. Also I would like to know if 2 adults could sleep comfortably on those. I like to travel with my parents (I’m 56) and my college age daughter. My husband doesn’t like to cruise and we like the extra time together with them.
Can anyone tell me about their night on the couch?

2 adults would have to be very friendly. Pre teens should be fine. They might work out to be full size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts