RCI Vegas Strip Resorts

billsfan

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO
We are looking to go to Vegas the third week of October this year (2019). Thinking about going through RCI to book the resort.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Resort wise I have only tried the HGVC ones. They are good, however some(not all) are imposing a daily resort fee of $25 when booked through RCI.

There are many other resorts and I guess others are nice too.

We have stayed 2nd week of October a few years back imo the weather was on the colder side, too cold for us as we like to go swimming and that’s too cold in the late afternoons.

If you are going to gamble or visit sites then October will be fine.

We've stayed on points at Wyndham Grand Desert a few times and have enjoyed it. Stayed at another off strip but don't recall the name. While it was clean and spacious the pool was nasty.

When we don't stay at WGD we pay out of pocket and stay on strip. At that point where we stay usually depends on whether or not we're traveling with kids and how long we'll be there.

You can get great prices on strip by simply signing up for a Total Rewards account and booking through their site. If it were me I would just sell my DVC points and use that cash for a direct booking with Total Rewards (Caesars) instead of using RCI. Of course you may have specific reasons for wanting to go the RCI route.

Given most hotel prices in Vegas, I would not use an RCI trade unless I had points to burn. In general hotels in Vegas are reasonable. I personally like off the strip, like Palace Station. They also have a free shuttle bus from the airport and to/from the strip.

not sure if also RCI but we’ve traded with II into Marriot Grand Chateau. Beautiful place right next to Planet Hollywood, and off strip at Tahiti Village (great zero entry sand entrance pool and lazy river and pool bar).
But hotels are super reasonable- recently stayed at Bally’s for 4 nights in king suite for less than an exchange fee for us.

We are looking to go to Vegas the third week of October this year (2019). Thinking about going through RCI to book the resort.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I’m a DVC member and always stay in Vegas using RCI at the HGVC at the Flamingo. The property is right behind the Flamingo and you also have access to their pool if you don’t want to use the pool at the HGVC. A 1 bedroom in April has typically been around 140 points. Some RCI properties have a 1 in 4 rule(this one does—and they do keep you to only staying once in 4 years—they go based on the date of your last reservation), so you’ll need to keep that in mind if you plan to visit Vegas more frequently. I always stay a week when I go, so the length of your stay may dictate the properties you have to choose from.

What I like about not staying in a hotel is that I have a full kitchen and can eat breakfast in the unit. I make sure the place I’m staying has a convience store or is close to a CVS, etc. where I can get bottled water, snacks and some quick breakfast foods. It also allows me to go to restaurants where I know I will bring back leftovers which can be heated up for another meal. If you haven’t already, check out the reviews for any property you’re interested in on TripAdvisor or the RCI site. They will give you a good idea if the property will meet your needs.

Only you can decide if you prefer to stay on or off strip. I find the ease of staying on the strip and being able to hop on the monorail, walk, or hop on the bus to my destination far outweighed the logistics of staying off strip. You really don’t need to rent a car and virtually every hotel will have a pickup place for Uber & Lyft. I stayed at the Paris hotel while attending a conference, but find it hard to pay money for a hotel when I can use RCI. Now that I’m used to staying in timeshares I now expect a lot more from any hotel I stay in.

I usually start looking for a RCI property two years before I want to stay there. I am usually able to book the resort about a year out. Good luck with your search. Several of the RCI properties on the website are on the strip at various ends.

Last edited:

Been to LV a couple of times but I've spent a lot of time looking at the resorts and own one there in RCI. LV is cheap and easy to trade to. No way would I trade DVC for a LV timeshare through RCI. I might rent and pay cash or I might look at trading through an independent exchange company and try to trade a lower cost unit (Both size and resort) for there. There are a ton of good options there but they are not up to DVC standards looked at overall.

We own at Tahiti Village, which is south of the strip, but they run shuttles to a couple of places along the strip and the Duece bus stop is right by the resport. We enjoy being away from the strip and love the pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter