RD at Magic Kingdom questions

KateKJ

Earning My Ears
We are staying offsite and visiting MK on a day where Early Morning Magic is offered. Two questions for all you smart people!
  1. How does the EMM impact morning at MK? Is it as busy as EMH? If we try to RD Fantasyland, will everything already have long lines? Should we head somewhere else instead?
  2. We will be driving from off-site, so how long do we need to factor in to get from the parking lot to the "Hub" for RD? I'm guessing an hour, but haven't been there in a long time, so I could be way off.
Thank you so much for all the great info you provide here!

1. There's no noticable effect. It's just a couple hundred people
2. I would be pulling into the parking lot by 7:45 at the latest

1. There's no noticable effect. It's just a couple hundred people
2. I would be pulling into the parking lot by 7:45 at the latest
Agree, there aren't enough doing EMM to have a big effect.
Be at the hub 30 mintues before opening.
Have a plan as to where you are going.
Most of the RD crowd will be headed to 7DMT or PP.
Our RD plans vary depending on what we could or could not get FPs for.

EMM these days has a guest count that is higher than a couple hundred people, but I agree it is still way too small to have any impact on rope drop. If you didn’t see it was being offered on your morning, you wouldn’t otherwise know it was going on.

We are staying offsite and visiting MK on a day where Early Morning Magic is offered. Two questions for all you smart people!
  1. How does the EMM impact morning at MK? Is it as busy as EMH? If we try to RD Fantasyland, will everything already have long lines? Should we head somewhere else instead?
  2. We will be driving from off-site, so how long do we need to factor in to get from the parking lot to the "Hub" for RD? I'm guessing an hour, but haven't been there in a long time, so I could be way off.
Thank you so much for all the great info you provide here!
Also just a reminder that Main street opens an hour before the park. So if the park opens at 9sm you can enter main street up to the castle at 8am. Lots of people come early, shop or go to the bakery or ride the main street vehicles and get ready for rope drop at each land entrance.

EMM these days has a guest count that is higher than a couple hundred people, but I agree it is still way too small to have any impact on rope drop. If you didn’t see it was being offered on your morning, you wouldn’t otherwise know it was going on.
And since EMM guests will have had their chance to ride the Fantasyland headliners before park opening, those folks are probably planning to clear out and get first dibs on the other rides that just opened like BTMRR.

And since EMM guests will have had their chance to ride the Fantasyland headliners before park opening, those folks are probably planning to clear out and get first dibs on the other rides that just opened like BTMRR.
Yup, on our last visit we headed for Haunted Mansion through Liberty Square and couldn’t figure out where the sea of humanity we had to cut across was coming from... it was EMM folks rushing down from Fantasyland. It didn’t seem to affect wait times though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!