• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? re: Delta policy

Disneyspells

Earning My Ears
On Tuesday I purchased (on line) 4 tickets on Delta from Providence to Orlando for $154.00 ea. I thought that was a good deal till yesterday when I saw the huge sale. I called Delta and asked for a credit back (in any form - either to my credit card or via vouchers). I was told once you purchase, that's it - your stuck w/ it - they will not compensate. Does anyone have any info on this because a friend told me this happened to them and they got a credit back. I paid $615.00 and could get the same exact flights now for 438.00. Thank you for any help.

I would call back and speak to someone different, or a supervisor. I have always purchased from Delta, and I still check it everyday, because once the price drops and I notify them, they send me a travel voucher for the difference! I ahve had no problem so far. Last year I got 4-$60 vouchers, so when i bought this year, it brought the price down to $174 RT from Phoenix, AZ. Then they went on sale and i called and got 4-$59 vouchers for this years trip, so each one only cost $125 RT. You can also e-mail them from their website even after they give you the credit, and they may send you additional vouchers for your trouble. Last year, i bought early(9 months in advance). They changed the flights on us 4 times in that period. I e-mailed them and told them i thought it was rediculous, and they e-mailed me back about a week or 2 later and said sorry for the trouble and that they were send ing vouchers for our trouble. You just never know!! Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I thought that was the policy and I can't understand why 2 different customer service people told me different. I am going to call and ask one more time. If they say no I will ask for a supervisor. Can you sue the vouchers for on line purcahses or only if you get tickets at the airport? Also, if it's only at the airport, do they have the same fares as the web site> Thanks again for your help.

You can and cant use the vouchers online!?!?!?! I found a good fare online, but they would not take them online. I had to call them and they verified the internet fare, then put a courtesy hold on it for me to lock in the price. Then I had to drive to the ticket office and do it there. I could have gone to the airport as well they said. I have heard of some people say in the past i think you can mail it to them if you are not close to a tix center or airport, but not sure on that.

Thanks again for your help - I am going to call Delta right now. I noticed you are from AZ. We go to WDW twice a year and love it but my kids asked me yesterday if next year we can fo to WDW once and go to the Grand Canyon for our other vacation. They are 10 and 7. Do you think they would enjoy it? I'm not sure if posting that question is appropriate for Disney board - if that's the case I'm sorry to the moderators - feel free to delete.

Just to let everyone know. I book a flight through Delta.com a few months back. Now the flight has decreased $30 per person. For 5 of us that is $150. However when I called Delta they said that they only show the old rates. He proceeded to tell me that when the flights decrease like that, they usually keep the old price if you call and only post the new price on the internet. That way if you have already booked a ticket you have no recourse for a rebate because over the phone is the old price. I told them that isn't fare because this is the second time this has happened. He told me fares over the phone are usually higher anyway. To me that is deceiving. They try to push you to use the internet and book early, however they have a good game going. Lower the prices on the internet and no-one can get rebates. Seems like a scam to me!!

I'm in the same boat as DisneySpells only a bit WORSE! I purchased our tickets Wednesday flying on Delta from Boston... I paid 169.00 each... and I had been watching and watching for those 99.00 fares, cause everyone had them last year! Anyways, I figured nobody was going to offer the fare, so I bought on Wednesday... Well Thursday they all dropped... EXCEPT Delta's direct flights out of Boston!!! That fare is still 169.00!!! They haven't dropped any of their direct flights!!! Every other airline out of Boston has dropped to that 99.00 level, but not Delta & not AirTran.... Wonder what that says about Delta :confused:

I dont know if its clear, but the flight that is lower in price has to be the EXACT same flights as you originally booked being offered at the new fare.

On the grand canyon.....believe it or not, i still havent been but hope to go soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter