Re: The parking people harrassed my daughter! (shocking!)

Malela9

Mouseketeer
I need love and support from my Disneyland friends.
My daughter wanted to celebrate her 16th birthday at Disneyland and went with my sister-in-law and my 2 other kids.
We have Premier Passes and there is no photo on the back of the pass. (Not our fault.) The CM's in the booth did not want to let her use it because they said she had no I.D. ( She doesn't drive yet, she just turned 16!) Well the CM's sent their lead over and she was not very polite either. My dd started crying she was so frustrated and called me at work. Then , the CM's started mocking her ," Oh, you need to call your mommy?" That got her more upset. The lead was not much better and was making faces. She also alluded on the phone to me that my daughter had stolen the pass. I was so furious! My entire family owns the Premier pass and how could 3 kids, 16, 10 and 6 get the passes with the same last name on them! My sister-in-law showed her annual pass to show that everyone had the same last name. Finally after much crying ( by both my girls now) and arguing with them on the phone, the CM's and lead very rudely let them drive past.
I am writing a letter to Disneyland, but I am so shocked and disappointed in the behavior shown by the Cast Members in the parking structure. My dd's birthday was ruined by these thoughtless individuals.
By the way, for all of your information, I was told by Guest Relations that you are not required to show your id in the parking structure when using an annual pass.
I have had an annual pass for 17 years and never has my family gone through this. I think 2 Fast Passes were not enough to cover the drama that my kids had to go through with this situation.
I hope none of you visiting the DL Resort, will every have to go through this and that DL will update and train their parking structure staff in the future.

Wow this is terrible!!!
That is so not the way Disney CMs should behave!!! It's quite shocking.
I hope they can make it up to your daughter and yourself.
I would say free tickets to the park but you already have APs lol.

i say dinner for your entire family at club 33~ with a birthday cake and celebration-do-over for your daughter!

that is awful! how special is a 16th birthday...esp. for a girl...."sweet 16" and it was ruined for her.

also, all the cm's involved should give her an in-person apology!

i am really disgusted by their behavior!

Were they all in the same car? I assume so. Usually you just need one Premier pass to park. So I don't know why they were picking on your birthday daughter? Or were they also disputing the validity of your other kids' passes? (I assume s-i-l didn't have a pass?)

If anything, I would have thought you would have had trouble at the turnstiles.

I would definitely send a letter--be sure and say what day it was, time, etc. and where they were parking. If your sister-in-law remembers any of the CMs names that would be good too!

Good luck!

I'm confused to why they all needed to show passes to go into the garage? Was it you 16yo dd who was driving?

Why doesn't she have a picture on it? I though that only happens when you get one in orlando and bring it to DL.

If you have the premiere pass (which gives you entrance to both Disneyland and the Florida parks) it doesn't have the picture on it. However, if you originally had just a premium pass at DL, then your old picture comes up when you go through the turnstile.

As far as I'm concerned all CM's involved should be canned for their unDisneylike behaviour towards your daughter. I'm sorry to hear all your problems with the CM's involved, and strongly suggest that you write a letter to Disney Customer Relations, detailing the problems she had with the CM's involved, and hope that something positive comes out of this experience for your daughter, and all involved.

I have seen a decline in the quality of CMs at the M&F parking structure - so while this is shocking it is not surprising to me.

I am sorry that your dd was treated so rudely on her bday. I would write the letter. Did she happen to get the names of the CMs? I would include as much information (date, time, line entered - and so on) in the letter as possible.

I'm guessing they showed it to get the free parking (similar to a premium AP).

Yes this would be the obvious part. But it only take one person in the car to have a pass that includes free parking to be able to park for free.

Sounds to me like someone, knew what they were doing when they gave your daughter a hard time. They were being mean and thats just wrong. Im so sorry for you both and I hope Disney does more then just give you a couple fast passes.

Yes this would be the obvious part. But it only take one person in the car to have a pass that includes free parking to be able to park for free.

I'm assuming that the others in the car didn't have parking on their APs and hers was the only one with parking.

Sorry to hear that your DD had such a bad experience, and on her birthday too. I had a little bit of rudeness from a parking attendent in the DTD lot. Nothing like this but it irked me since it seemed so un-disney like.

OMGosh that's horrible...your poor DD!! I hope you do write the letter and I hope they do get disciplined (at the very least!), that type of behavior is just wrong and ridiculous!

I like the Club 33 and do-over birthday idea....

As far as I'm concerned all CM's involved should be canned for their unDisneylike behaviour towards your daughter. I'm sorry to hear all your problems with the CM's involved, and strongly suggest that you write a letter to Disney Customer Relations, detailing the problems she had with the CM's involved, and hope that something positive comes out of this experience for your daughter, and all involved.

This. I have worked in a parking lot for an amusement park, not Disney, and we would have been canned or suspended for such behavior.

Thanks for all your support friends.
My dh did write them a letter and yes, everyone in the car had annual passes. We had the CM's name so I am hoping that will help.
My SIL had a deluxe (no parking) , her expired that day and my 3 kids have Premier passes. We use the kids passes to park, since she always goes with them anyways.
If an entire car has passes with the same last name, and my SIL is driving with her drivers license and the same last name as well, why does the CM feel the need to taunt my daughter.
After spending $$$ on the passes, going to WDW for 9 days last month and an additional 2 trips to DL, I feel very abused by Disney. I love Disney, but I think Walt would turn over in his grave to know how some of his CM's are acting.
I have experienced many wonderful CM's during the years, but yes , the general quality of the CM's and their attitude has gone down. It is not my dd's fault that the Premier Pass does not have her picture on it. ( It does show up when scanned at the turnstiles. She had no trouble getting into the park. I told Guest Relations that day, " My dd can go to Epcot today, but she can't get through your parking lot booths!") And, no a set of 2 lousy fast passes is not enough to make up for a wrecked birthday. Now I have a child with a top level pass that doesn't want to get 500 feet near a Disney park.
Disney should fix the CM behavior issue or their reputation will be gone in no time. And, my family will not want to renew our passes ( we have been doing it for 18 years now. ) Sigh.... I can't go to Disney if no one wants to go with me. :sad2:

Aw, don't let one experience ruin disney for you.
I agree it does sound like it was a terrible experiece, but you have to remember all the great times spent in WDW or DL and I'm sure all those amazing memories definately outweight one terrible experience in a parking lot.

dude, that sucks. it sounds like your DD is going to write the letter. I would proof read it before it gets mailed. In addition to the details, the letter should read smoothly. I'm sure your DD is very bright, but I can remember back when I was a teen. I thought I was sounding smart and witty with my written word, it turned out I came off snippy. Don't get me wrong, voice your opinon and let them know that you're not happy with their horrible service but do it with class. And keep us posted, I'ld love to know how Disney handles this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter