? re: Victory scooters

SKFamily

Mouseketeer
We've rented a Victory Scooter for our week in Disneyland. The only other time I've used a scooter was once in a mall a few years ago. The seat wouldn't adjust, so being a short person (5'1) I had trouble operating the thing.

Are the Victory scooters easy to operate? How long does the battery last? And, how difficult is it to navigate them through Disneyland, etc.? I have visions of me trying to navigate my way through hoards of people, and losing the rest of my family in the process.

Any help?

Just bumping this up. Hass anyone heard of this company before?

Thanks Sue. Actually that's the "brand" we've rented from Scootsaround. All I know is they needed my height in order to do our rental, and I've seen one around town. There's a bunch of buttons on the front of it - I hadn't even considered an "onboard" computer, lol.

I did a google search and see that Victory is not a scooter manufacturer (which was what I assumed), what you're getting is probably a Victory model from the Pride company (a big scooter manufacturer).
You would be able to find more information on the Pride website.
Or, here's a page from a company that rents/sells them.
You can find a lot more info by searching for Pride and Scooter on the web.
None of the websites I found showed the front controls, but they probably are just controls for light, on/off, that sort of thing. It says on the Pride fact-sheet that it is microprocessor controlled. That would be similar to some things in your car that are controlled by microprocessors. It would not probably operate any differntly than other scooters. The microprocessor would be more for things that are invisible to you - like if something goes wrong on your car, they can read the error codes and tell what it is without tearing the whole car apart.

:rolleyes: Guess if I knew what I was talking about, I could've asked a better question. I've never had to deal with this before, wasn't sure what I was asking apparently. Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out.

I just rented from Alan's wheelchairs for an upcoming trip. I asked what I would be getting. They said they have a wide variety of ECVs and could not say. I told them I STRONGLY wanted a 3 wheel (not a 4 wheel) as I find them easier to manage and they said that was fine. I usually rent a Safari from Walker in WDW (don't specify but that is what I have always gotten) and Alan's said they don't have those.

A full charge on a good battery should last an entire day, although not if you stay out till 2:a.m. There is a meter so you can assess how you are doing. I haven't had a problem doing a very full day/evening at Epcot in WDW, which is very large.

When are you going? We leave 6/23. Whoever goes first, please post!!!! There aren't that many DL guests here.

Re ease of using the ECV, you will be fine! The ones I have rented at WDW are way eaiser than the ones in stores or for rental at the parks. You won't lose your family as you will drive at their walking pace and if it is crowded, no one will be moving that fast anyway.

My biggest scooter tips? (1) you have greater control for driving maneuvers like backing up when you are on the slow speed; (2) keep moving in crowds, even if you are crawling; and (3) feel free to say "excuse me" to people and otherwise make your presence known to counteract the well known "Scooter Invisibility Phenomenom" (immediate invisibility of the user once seated on an ECV).

Have fun!

:wave: Cupcake

We rented from Scootsaround. I just know I'll have a Victory scooter, I'm not sure if it's a three or four wheel. But it's good to know the battery will last - that was one of my concerns. And I suppose as for maneuvering it - I'll get used to that in a hurry. Kind of have to, don't I?

We leave for Disneyland July 6th for a week, but will be gone from home longer than that.

Have a good trip!

My battery experience is the norm, I think, in WDW. I have seen a small number of people post that they had a problem with their scooter and that the scooter company came out with a new scooter or whatever, so just in case, make sure you bring the company's number.

:wave: Cupcake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter