READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts are that if you have a park reservation for HS you'll be able to join the virtual queue for Rotr possibly even if not in the park.

The have to be there at opening and in the park and BGs are gone in 2 minutes just isn't happening.
I was thinking this might be an option too. Was also pondering if they might gauge RoTR interest by having people reserve a BG (TBD time) reservation at the time they reserve a park for the day. A week before the day they could issue time slots to allow people to plan appropriately.

Nah, thinking further, too much IT might be involved for the latter :D

Hi all! So just wondering what everyone might be thinking about how ROTR might look upon reopening..... I'm coming to WDW on august 21 and we're arriving at around 9am, planning on going to hotel, then going straight to DHS. Ive been many times and this has always been a solid plan for us but now that I'm reading more about the ROTR boarding groups, this sounds like a less than stellar plan given that it seems like you need to arrive at rope drop if you want any chance of snagging a boarding group. Now, I kind of don't want to switch my plan around (lol) so do we think that ROTR will still have boarding groups when the parks reopen? Or will capacity be so limited that a need for boarding groups becomes obsolete? I wish theyd give us all more info already :( I always do DHS the day we arrive because its generally less time consuming than the other parks, but I guess I may have to switch my plans up?

I too think your guess is as good as anyone's at this point! My opinion only!....but, capacity will be limited so normally that would mean shorter lines or ability to get that BG later in the day, however, the amount of people able to ride due to the restrictions will also be much lower. I'm not sure what hours at HS are that day, but maybe check those first. Will you be at the resort at 9? If driving, I would tell you to leave just a little earlier so that you can get there at or near opening. If not driving, I'd chance it and go for it! Make a quick stop at the hotel and get to HS asap. They have said no extra magic hours, so possibility HS may not open until 10? It maybe that's wishful thinking. We will be there the second week of August, and even though we drive and it's only 70 minutes to get there....no way will I be able to get the kids out the door with bags etc and make it to a park at opening that day. I hope you all enjoy the trip and you make it on ROTR🙂

With the current warnings regarding the park reservation system you can not even guarantee you are attending a park that day let alone HS. Unfortunately boarding groups are no longer your biggest concern.

Does anyone know if they have been using the down time to work on improving the reliability of ROTR?

Hi all! So just wondering what everyone might be thinking about how ROTR might look upon reopening..... I'm coming to WDW on august 21 and we're arriving at around 9am, planning on going to hotel, then going straight to DHS. Ive been many times and this has always been a solid plan for us but now that I'm reading more about the ROTR boarding groups, this sounds like a less than stellar plan given that it seems like you need to arrive at rope drop if you want any chance of snagging a boarding group. Now, I kind of don't want to switch my plan around (lol) so do we think that ROTR will still have boarding groups when the parks reopen? Or will capacity be so limited that a need for boarding groups becomes obsolete? I wish theyd give us all more info already :( I always do DHS the day we arrive because its generally less time consuming than the other parks, but I guess I may have to switch my plans up?
I'm merging you to the main thread

i don't think anyone really knows what RotR BG's will look like when the park re-opens. We know that they won't want people flooding to the park at park opening so I'm guessing they are coming up with an alternative but what that looks like nobody knows at this point.

The changes may end up working in your favour as you won't be able to be at the park for rope drop the day you arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter