Read the Aulani view thread, but...

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
If you've already stayed at Aulani can you please help us out?

I'm hopefully booking a dedicated two-bedroom tomorrow. My plan was to go for the island view. But, did some research and the pool view is just 35 points more for the total stay.

Which would you choose and why?

Thank you!

Just answered your question over on the views thread too:

If it was during a time of year when I could get poolview for only 35 points more.... and I had the 35 points in my account then I would do pool view.

We really like how included we felt when we were in a pool view room (during our trip August of 2012 we were in PV studio #504).... and the sliding doors are so sound proof that all you had to do if you didn't want the outside sounds was just close your slider.

Thank you! Yes I can spare the points without a problem. What tower were you in? What's the equivalent of 04 for a 2 bedroom, do you now?

I was just going to say that the difference between IV and PV for us in a studio will only be 14 pts. BUT we're already going into a borrowing situation to even GO to Aulani for a week. Last year, when we HAD the extra points to use we booked an OV room but THIS year we're trying to be conservative on our points usage. So like Cinder said, if you HAVE the points go for it but if you're in a situation where you have to dip for them then stick with the IV if it's going to make you worry about it. I personally thought that Cinder's view looked pretty good - getting up as high of a room as possible is definitely helpful on that IV stuff.

Whenever I go to book next week I am shooting for the IV simply because we only OWN 250 pts. and we were down to only 206 after what happened last summer. Dropping a night off of VGC and doing 7 n in an IV means we only have to borrow 40 pts. If the IV isn't avail. I will book the PV instead if it's open and then will have to borrow 54 pts. If we have to book an OV again then we'll have to borrow 75 pts. We have the points available to BORROW but it all just means we're short again for our 2015 vacation - which is OK to a certain extent. We would "like" to do a cruise again in 2015 but not sure we can so want to have our pts. available if that doesn't work out.

Definitely pool view...like Annie said you just feel so much more a part of everything going on. Of the towers we try to request the Ewa Tower. The living room is a little larger and the balconies are all connected whereas in the Waianae Tower the balconies for each bedroom is separate so they are much smaller.....

If you have use for the points for something else, I'd stick with the IV and request a high floor room ending in xx75, xx81, or xx87. We were in room 1575 and loved having a peek at the ocean and a view of the lawn where the Starlit Hui is held. It was fun watching the activities going on out there during our stay.

Definitely pool view...like Annie said you just feel so much more a part of everything going on. Of the towers we try to request the Ewa Tower. The living room is a little larger and the balconies are all connected whereas in the Waianae Tower the balconies for each bedroom is separate so they are much smaller.....[/QUOTE

What does the Ewa Tower look over in the pool area versus Waianae? Also, what are the best floors/numbers to request for pool view in Ewa. There is not much pool view shown on the views thread!

Thank you!

Definitely pool view...like Annie said you just feel so much more a part of everything going on. Of the towers we try to request the Ewa Tower. The living room is a little larger and the balconies are all connected whereas in the Waianae Tower the balconies for each bedroom is separate so they are much smaller.....[/QUOTE

What does the Ewa Tower look over in the pool area versus Waianae? Also, what are the best floors/numbers to request for pool view in Ewa. There is not much pool view shown on the views thread!

Thank you!

Both towers look over the same pool area, just from opposite sides. From the Ewa Tower I would think your view would be more of the water slides and lazy river.

Thank you! Yes I can spare the points without a problem. What tower were you in? What's the equivalent of 04 for a 2 bedroom, do you now?

Here are the charts from the Aulani View threads first page.... I have circled all the rooms that are pool view dedicated 2 bedrooms so that you can more clearly see your options:

The closest one to the studio lock off room #504 in the Waianea Tower that we had on our August 2012 trip would be 502 or 508.

The Ewa tower is directly to your left when u r standing in the lobby facing the ocean. Pool views usually only go as high as the 5 th or 6 th floor...anything higher is considered ocean view. The Ewa tower will have views of the lazy river as well as over looking the Makahiki restaurant where they usually have the meet and greet with Mickey and friends.

The Ewa tower is directly to your left when u r standing in the lobby facing the ocean. Pool views usually only go as high as the 5 th or 6 th floor...anything higher is considered ocean view. The Ewa tower will have views of the lazy river as well as over looking the Makahiki restaurant where they usually have the meet and greet with Mickey and friends.

Nice view, in your opinion

So it's 8:30 on the east coast already - did you get booked???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter