Reallocating points without calling Member Services

hlhlaw07

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would let everyone know that you can now reallocate the points being used for your reservation through the online modification tool. In stalking my way to a week at VGF from SSR this Thanksgiving, I ended up with my banked/current points all screwed up because I pieced together the reservation. I saw it mentioned on the board that you may be able to reallocate the points without calling through modifying the reservation, so I tried it out. Worked like a charm! Simply go into modify the reservation and don’t change anything, but take it all the way through the modification process (essentially just rebooking the exact same reservation) and when it gives you the point summary at the end it will show you that it took the banked points and then used the remaining current points. Sure saved me some time this morning! So thanks to whoever mentioned it another thread!

Just thought I would let everyone know that you can now reallocate the points being used for your reservation through the online modification tool. In stalking my way to a week at VGF from SSR this Thanksgiving, I ended up with my banked/current points all screwed up because I pieced together the reservation. I saw it mentioned on the board that you may be able to reallocate the points without calling through modifying the reservation, so I tried it out. Worked like a charm! Simply go into modify the reservation and don’t change anything, but take it all the way through the modification process (essentially just rebooking the exact same reservation) and when it gives you the point summary at the end it will show you that it took the banked points and then used the remaining current points. Sure saved me some time this morning! So thanks to whoever mentioned it another thread!

Hi. Thanks for posting this. I was one of the people talking about doing this type of thing on one of the other threads, but your explanation is much simpler, and much clearer than mine was. I love to hang out on these boards because everyone is so helpful and we can all learn so much.

Hi. Thanks for posting this. I was one of the people talking about doing this type of thing on one of the other threads, but your explanation is much simpler, and much clearer than mine was. I love to hang out on these boards because everyone is so helpful and we can all learn so much.
I do believe it was your post that I saw, so thanks again!

One thing or actually two things which are missing is the ability to reallocate OTUP and transferred points. Maybe it will come later if at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!