Really random question!

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
We are due to arrive for a 2 week vacation at the end of april. Does anyone have any experience with lipstick in the parks?! I'm so worried if I take it, it may leak or melt over my bag...

I've never had a problem like that in my experience. But I also tend to avoid the really hot months. Like the previous poster said, just pop it in a ziploc. You can get the small ones meant for jewelry or game pieces so it's not a big inconvenient space taker for one little lipstick tube.

I always bring lipstick and other touch up items. Nothing has ever leaked, but you might be happier if you put all of your personal items into ziplock bags. I use the snack size for lipstick and eyeliner. The sandwich size for bigger items. Security will paw through your entire bag, but if you put your items in clear plastic bags they can see through them and you won't have to deal with dirty hands directly on your items.

I always bring lipstick and other touch up items. Nothing has ever leaked, but you might be happier if you put all of your personal items into ziplock bags. I use the snack size for lipstick and eyeliner. The sandwich size for bigger items. Security will paw through your entire bag, but if you put your items in clear plastic bags they can see through them and you won't have to deal with dirty hands directly on your items.
Replying solely for the fact that I love your user name, amuse-bouche!

The biggest issue for my family is if you get caught in a downpour, sometimes our bags are soaked through; but not worried about heat.

If it's important to you, I would try one of those liquid types where you have color in one end and the gloss in another. I've had even balm melt a bit by laying the bag down to eat and not paying attention that it was in the sun.

I will offer that if you are looking at ziploc bags..... They have small snack square size one Walmart Brand that is perfect. I don’t like reg snack size because it inevitably all slides out the long top opening. My kiddos also prefer these square ones so their snacks don’t fall out while holding.
Just a random thought for your question. Oh and I’ve gone in July with no issue with melting lipstick. I do melt but my lipstick is all good!

I just saw this and had to click out of curiosity. Since this was last month, sorry your trip was cancelled.
Ok, so I'm laughing here because I actually had to ask my wife if she wore lipstick since I really hadn't noticed. She carries it in her purse all the time and has never had a problem. We're here 12 months out of the year, in the cool months and brutal hot months and no change in cosmetics. As a matter of fact I got a strange look when I asked the question! LOL..

We are due to arrive for a 2 week vacation at the end of april. Does anyone have any experience with lipstick in the parks?! I'm so worried if I take it, it may leak or melt over my bag...
I think a good solution would be finding a liquid lipstick where the cover screws on and is already a liquid, so it can't melt! There's different finishes (matte, velvet, gloss, etc) that you could try!

Also, I know this is late but I have a feeling your April trip sadly got cancelled!

I think a good solution would be finding a liquid lipstick where the cover screws on and is already a liquid, so it can't melt! There's different finishes (matte, velvet, gloss, etc) that you could try!

Also, I know this is late but I have a feeling your April trip sadly got cancelled!
Yes it already got cancelled which we are super disappointed at, but hey ho, many people have had the same experience 😊
I actually ended up dm victoria from disney in detail as I watch a lot of her YouTube vlogs on Disney and if anyone is interested she put me onto maybelline 24 hour lippy. Comes with a balm and you need a steady hand because once it's on its really on tho.
I now have it in 6 colours and people comment on it, esp when as today I was shoving a scotch egg in my mouth lol

I just saw this and had to click out of curiosity. Since this was last month, sorry your trip was cancelled.
Ok, so I'm laughing here because I actually had to ask my wife if she wore lipstick since I really hadn't noticed. She carries it in her purse all the time and has never had a problem. We're here 12 months out of the year, in the cool months and brutal hot months and no change in cosmetics. As a matter of fact I got a strange look when I asked the question! LOL..
This has made my day!

I don't venture around the DIS boards much (mostly stick to the DVC boards), but curiosity got the best of me today. :) I was going to suggest a lip stain! With regular lipstick, and the lovely Florida heat/sun, a regular lipstick probably isn't going to stay in place for long. Glad you found something that's going to last! It'd be a bummer to take all those character photos only to realize your lipstick wore off early in the day. :)

I don't venture around the DIS boards much (mostly stick to the DVC boards), but curiosity got the best of me today. :) I was going to suggest a lip stain! With regular lipstick, and the lovely Florida heat/sun, a regular lipstick probably isn't going to stay in place for long. Glad you found something that's going to last! It'd be a bummer to take all those character photos only to realize your lipstick wore off early in the day. :)
Or you have a half on half off joker situation 😂😂😂

I know the OP's trip was cancelled, but in case anyone else wants to know:

If you're carrying your bag with you throughout a summer day, the lipstick in your bag will not get so hot that it will leak or melt. The kind of heat needed for that is only something the lipstick would encounter if you were to leave your bag in your car for hours in the summer. The greenhouse effect makes cars get really hot in summer (hence the tragic cases of trapped children and pets dying in parked cars in summer), but a windowless trunk would be a safe spot for the lipstick, as is a bag you're carrying outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!