Really Slow Loading

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Over the past few days, pages on the DIS have been loading extremely slowly. I sometimes get "waiting for (various names of ad sites)" messages in the bottom left corner of my screen, and I sometimes get a pop-up box saying that the page is unresponsive.

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm trying to load a navigation page (like "Watched Threads") or an individual thread, and I'm on a PC, if that matters.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Are we using a new ad company or something?

Over the past few days, pages on the DIS have been loading extremely slowly. I sometimes get "waiting for (various names of ad sites)" messages in the bottom left corner of my screen, and I sometimes get a pop-up box saying that the page is unresponsive.

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm trying to load a navigation page (like "Watched Threads") or an individual thread, and I'm on a PC, if that matters.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Are we using a new ad company or something?
I am having the problem to such an extent that the site is now almost unusuable to me. I'm amazed I was able to even answer your message. It loads so slowly the screen whites out & quits frequently, or I'll eventually be redirected back to the list of forums after a very slow load within a thread. It's worst on my Android phone (essentially unusable), but still bad on my iPad (barely usable with much difficulty: extremely slow & lots of redirection & white outs). I have no problem using non-Disboards websites on either device.

I recently cleared the history on my phone, then immediately tried to use Disboards, which naturally didn't work. Then I checked my history again & saw one listing for Disboards and dozens of listings for those pop-up ads, which I hadn't even seen as the page never loaded. So I think this is an issue with the pop-up ads getting worse.

If anyone has specific advice on how to deal with this I'd appreciate it, as I can now barely use Disboards, for technical reasons.

Last edited:
...So I think this is an issue with the pop-up ads getting worse.

If anyone has specific advice on how to deal with this I'd appreciate it, as I can now barely use Disboards, for technical reasons.

I've actually had some improvement after rebooting my computer.

Like you, I'm convinced it has to do with the ads. - It's as if one of them gets stuck in buffering and then other graphics won't load properly. (In addition to the DIS, I suddenly had problems with video clips loading - YouTube and even GIFs on Pinterest.) Rebooting has fixed the other sites..for now, and the DIS is working "better" - still the occasional slow page, but definitely not every click now.

So try turning your device fully off and then back on.

I know this is years later, but I keep having disney channel website issues. Ex: I'll Try to watch a show and EVERY Time, I'm about Halfway through it which includes watching the ads, it ALWAYS freezes on me when it gets back to where I left off at. I even try to clear the cookies/cache and that doesn't always fix it. And it takes forever to load. When it comes to these issues, I am using a Laptop PC computer, but even then I shouldn't have freezing issues. It legit freezes about every 2-5 seconds. The ONLY reason I watch shows on the disney channel website is so I can CATCH UP on the episodes that I forgot to record. You can't really catch up on any show that freezes every 2 seconds when one should be able to watch it in 1 sitting.

Tbh, idk what DIS is or if it's related to the disneychannel website or not. But if it is related, I'm having a similar issue.

Tbh, idk what DIS is or if it's related to the disneychannel website or not. But if it is related, I'm having a similar issue.
The DISboards is not owned or operated by the Disney Corp. It is unrelated to the Disney Channel. You'll need to work through Disney regarding any issues you have watching or streaming the Disney Channel website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!