Really stupid question on free dining

rotlex

Is it summer yet?
We have been down to Disney for the last 10 years or so on free dining bounce backs. Love it. Love them, lol.

This past trip, August, was the first time we stayed at a mod and only got the quick service plan due to the changes in the offer\resort type. We usually like changing resorts, and have another free dining bounce back booked for next August at Coronado, so a mod again. Now here is the stupid question.

We are thinking of switching to the Wilderness Lodge, our favorite resort overall, and I know if I do, we will get the full, rather than the quick service plan. That's the problem. We don't WANT the full plan anymore as we thoroughly enjoyed the QS plan, not having so many reservations, and frankly, not spending $3-$400 in tips. Now I know you can "upgrade" to the full plan if you have the free QS plan, but can you "downgrade" if to the QS plan if staying deluxe and don't want to full plan?

I know, like why would anyone want to do that, but frankly, my wife and I both agree it worked so well this year and we really don't need all the food the standard plan offers - or the extra tip costs to be frank.

We have been down to Disney for the last 10 years or so on free dining bounce backs. Love it. Love them, lol.

This past trip, August, was the first time we stayed at a mod and only got the quick service plan due to the changes in the offer\resort type. We usually like changing resorts, and have another free dining bounce back booked for next August at Coronado, so a mod again. Now here is the stupid question.

We are thinking of switching to the Wilderness Lodge, our favorite resort overall, and I know if I do, we will get the full, rather than the quick service plan. That's the problem. We don't WANT the full plan anymore as we thoroughly enjoyed the QS plan, not having so many reservations, and frankly, not spending $3-$400 in tips. Now I know you can "upgrade" to the full plan if you have the free QS plan, but can you "downgrade" if to the QS plan if staying deluxe and don't want to full plan?

I know, like why would anyone want to do that, but frankly, my wife and I both agree it worked so well this year and we really don't need all the food the standard plan offers - or the extra tip costs to be frank.
There are a couple of things going on here.
- I would check on the dining plan discussion thread but I think you can convert a table service credit into a counter service credit or three snack credits - but you should check that out. It is common enough question since people are often stuck with unused ts credits.
- I would crunch the numbers to see if it was cheaper to get a room discount and buy the qs plan than to pay rack rate if you don't want ts credits.

Last edited:
As far as I know you will get the regular DP at WL but the TS credits can be used as QS if you so desire, not as good of a value but it is what it is.
We usually upgrade when staying at a Deluxe resort to the DxDP and have on occasion used our TS credits at QS.
You can also use 2 TS credits pp for room service

There are a couple of things going on here.
- I would check on the dining plan discussion thread but I think you can convert a table service credit into a counter service credit or three snack credits - but you should check that out. It is common enough question since people are often stuck with unused ts credits.
- I would crunch the numbers to see if it was cheaper to get a room discount and buy the qs plan than to pay rack rate if you don't want ts credits.

I've actually done that. Issue is, even the quick service plan is $200 per day for a family of 4. (Way over priced IMO). Problem is, room discount wise, even 30% off at say the Wilderness Lodge is only going to be a savings of MAYBE $98 per day on normally $325 room. We spend well over that per day on food if paying out of pocket, but still not close to the cost of the dining plan if paying for it.

Thanks to the others in the thread as well for the input though. I'll do a little more research.

Use the ts as qs and any extras you can convert to snacks that you can bring home. Everyone wants presents from Disney so now you have all the gifts you need covered for free. :)

You can't downgrade & get any money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!