Reasonable time to schedule a park late breakfast after 5K

kniquy

DIS Veteran
Most of my family will be doing the dark side 5K. I did it this past year and if i recall correctly i was probably back at the BWV around 7:30a and managaed to get myself ready and off to a conference that started at 8:45a.

What is the latest you have gotten back to your resort?

we will be staying at AKL so i know it will be a little longer drive than BW was.

I'm trying to plan our breakfast reservations at AK park --and currently have a 9:45pm and 10:50 tusker reservation. We certainly don't want to be rushing but if we get back at even 8am shower and are heading out the door by 9am we should still be able to make the 9:45 reservation.

Any thoughts, input or experience with this? There happened to be a bus boarding and getting ready to leave the race so i didn't have to wait around for one -- not sure how quickly the buses run.

I've only ran one 5k at WDW (2016 marathon weekend) so this is just one example. YMMV
I was in Corral B and dad in Corral C. I took two character pics and finished in 38 min (with actual running time of 33+ min) and dad in like 42 but he was about 5 min behind me in starting and skipped characters. We got in line for the Contemporary/Ft. Wilderness/another hotel I've forgotten (probably Shades of Green) bus and it took us three full bus-fuls to get onto one. We were the second stop. We had an 8:15 Chef Mickey and were getting off the bus at the Contemporary right at 8:15am. No time to shower. Sweaty breakfast. (Also we missed getting on the second bus by only one person. Some drivers allow standees and can get more people on, some don't.)
Again your mileage may vary...luck of the draw with busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!