Reassurance please! No tags and ME

daae3

Sue Donym
Currently kicking myself- never input flight info for ME and I leave tomorrow- just discovered no tags... traveling with my senior parents so I know they are not going to trust me when I say we can just give the claim tix to the ME folks- can you kind folks please re assure me that this works? Or scare me appropriately if trusting the ME folks to claim your luggage for you with no ME tags is a bad idea. Thanks all!

Folks have been using this option every day since DME started in 2005. It is a normal part of the service and there have not been any widespread reports of problems with this aspect of the service.

Over 2.5 million people ride DME every year. If this option was frought with problems, we'd have either heard thousands of reports of it by now, or DME wouldn't even have it as an option.

The DME crew know what they're doing.

Steve

No I would not do it. I am sorry but I don't want to risk my luggage going round and round on a baggage belt until Disney comes to get it. (Of course I live in Atlanta where theft from the baggage claim area has been a big issue so...)

It's even printed right on the documentation that this is a proper and approved procedure with the ME process.
You can enter it online right now, using this link, and it will be on the confirmation you receive
You won't get your tags but you can print out the info and show your family to hopefully calm their worries a bit
And yes, I've given the ME staff our claim checks and gotten our bags, no issues
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

I have done it once and the luggage got delivered just fine, can't say how long it took as we were at the parks when they were delivered. We landed mid morning, checked in, headed to the parks and by 8ish when we returned our bags were in the room.

However, if I was in your situation depending on how skeptical your parents are (and what baggage claim) it may just be easier to grab the bags and bring them with you on the bus. I did this with my MIL last trip even though we did have tags as she just wasn't getting the concept and wanted her bags at the airport so for me this was easier in the long run :))

Thanks again for the advice- I trusted in the power of the internet and it worked! Left the bags on the carousel- gave the info to the ME folks and the bags appeared in the room! I also was reminded that I did give ME my info since I reminded my friends to do the same. So it was not my fault...which makes me feel slightly better. My folks were very worried but I told them they had to trust the disboards. Thanks again all!

Standard procedure includes letting Disney CMs collect bags without yellow Magical Express tags before 10 PM. So you are fully protected by Disney's baggage claim procedure when you go directly from gate to the DME welcoming area before 10 PM and show your airline tags to the CM there.

But you should not vociferously advocate to your friends to do that. If the bags got pilfered from the carousel, your friends will still blame you for the loss or delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter