Received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas, best place to buy heat transfer vinyl?

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
I received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I would like to do some t shirts for our up coming Easter trip. Where is the best place and price to get the heat transfer vinyl? Do you order online or go to one of the stores? Also I would like to do a rhinestone design, best place to get those.

Thanks

I have not done a heat transfer. However, I do a lot of stuff in vinyl. Do not buy some off brand. I have bought the off brands at Hobby Lobby and it will not cut intricate designs. I have had good luck using the Cricut brand. That is Oracal 631. A lot of people will use Oracal 651 for outdoor products. So I would make sure whatever you are getting is that Oracal type.

From what I gather Oracal is the manufacture of a ton of vinyl. Different companies then buy from Oracal and rebrand under their name.

Good luck!

I've only done one project with HTV and I bought Siser Easy Weed from a shop on Etsy. I only bought a couple of 12x15 sheets - 1 to try and 1 as backup just in case but I managed to do everything right on the first try! My design was intricate and it was definitely easy to weed with the vinyl - but I have nothing to compare it to.

As for Oracal 631 and 651 I've been buying that from API Crafters Supply. Although I've only ended up using the 651 so far. (I believe they have HTV as well) They ship very quickly and I'm pleased with their prices.

I have not yet ventured into rhinestones but it is something I'd like to try in 2015!

Thanks. I will check these out.

ConcertKatie, it looks like we will be at WDW the same week. My son's marching band is marching on Thurs April 9th before the evening parade at MK.

My countdown has turned into a "since", I went in late September. I just haven't bothered to remove it!

I bought most of my vinyl from craftvinyl.com . They have great prices and fast shipping.

I bought HTV vinyl (siser easy weed) from there for our Disney shirts and pillowcases I made in June 2014 and everything is still going strong!! They look great!!!

I did buy outdoor vinyl (oracal 651 gloss) to use on an outdoor plexiglass garden flag (again with a Disney theme) and it was out all summer and still looks amazing!!! I also use the oracal 651 for tumblers.

Their shipping info link (bottom left corner) gives details on how it is a family run company and their turn around time. I don't know them personally just my business contact with them from ordering!

I like expressionsvinyl.com. I have ordered from them several times. Good turn around time and prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter