Recent experiences with grocery delivery services

We have used the Publix service twice and had great service both times. At VGF the driver brought the order to our room, (not Disney policy), and at BWV bell services received the order.

:earsboy: Bill
How does one go about utilizing the Publics grocery service? Do they have a website? Also do I need to get a savings "card" ahead of time to take advantage of their sales?

I would be hesitant about Safeway in Orlando. The store is not anywhere close to Disney which leads me to wonder how often they deliver there and how well versed they are in dealing with Disney.
We've used them a few times. Never a problem with them. On the other hand Bell Services lost (misplaced) our order once at AKL. Took them a while, even brought up someone elses groceries once, the name on the tags wasn't even close to ours! They eventually found our stuff!

We've used GG many times in past and never had issues, however, I always felt I would prefer more choices of procduct than they offer. Our trip this past March we tried the Publix service, which is called Instacart....I think it may be a third party contracted service. You enter the Instacart site thru the Publix site and can purchase anything Publix has on their site. We did purchase wine/beer, however, when purchasing alcohol you must be present to show ID and sign for your order. I don't remember what the policy is for leaving with Bell Services if there is no alcohol. I scheduled the delivery for 5:00 pm arrival day....our flight was scheduled at MCO for 2:30 pm. As we were getting on Route 417 about 3:10 pm from airport I got a text from the shopper that he had just arrived at Publix to begin shopping. I got another text about 4:30 saying he had just checked out and would be enroute within a few minutes. We had just arrived in our room at VWL. I went down to the front port corchere at WL to meet him, stopped at Bell Services on the way and asked for someone from Bell Services to come outside with a cart to transport the groceries over to the Villas. The delivery person asked to see my ID before he had me sign for the order and he and Bell Services loaded the cart and up we went. It worked beautifully. There were a few items substituted, which I had given permission to do. THere is a notation area under each item you order which enables you to give special instruction, or note allowable specific substitutions. I definitely will use this service again as I felt it gave me a little more control and more variety than GG has in the past.

just used GG perfectly at the board walk....used the app to order and did it 30 days out to save the 7% also order enough to get free delivery......they called and checked up on the delivery everything went well.....we ordered a lot of wine and beer.....

Amazon Prime has been perfect, except we had to lug the heavy box of drinks from the front desk to our condo. Drawback is lack of fresh fruit.
Wegoshop has been fine, would have preferred they not shop at Albertsons though.
Dizzy Dolphin is great.
We've also done the Walmart online order and pickup at Clermont(192 and 27).

Garden Grocer seems very high in price to me.

Curious what is the favorite beer brand. My husband always orders yuengling because they don't sell it in MI.

Yes! Yuengling!! It's his favorite, and the closest we can get it is TN which is about 5 hours away. Even when I go without him I order 2-12 packs. I pack them in separate suitcases so as not to go over the weight limit. Each 12 pack weighs about 12 pounds, lol :D

We use Garden Grocer. I like that I can see what's available and the prices upfront and I don't have to be present to have beer and wine delivered.

We arrive in 3 weeks and originally we were going to uber it to Walmart but I think we're going to try Publix. I will be sure to come back and let everyone know how it went!
I do have one final question though. How far in advance can we order?

I was looking into Publix (their Instacart site) and I thought I saw that they wanted a $99 enrollment fee. I was in a hurry and I might have misread that but I don't want to spend 99 dollars just for a one time delivery request. I will go back and re-read but I hope that is not the case as I would like to use Publix because I want to order some alcohol (just a little !) and I am familiar with their products.

I was looking into Publix (their Instacart site) and I thought I saw that they wanted a $99 enrollment fee. I was in a hurry and I might have misread that but I don't want to spend 99 dollars just for a one time delivery request. I will go back and re-read but I hope that is not the case as I would like to use Publix because I want to order some alcohol (just a little !) and I am familiar with their products.

Read it again, you can pay a membership fee if you want unlimited free deliveries.

Here is a link for $10 off your first order, (I get $10 off too!) https://inst.cr/t/Bcq4fsgVe

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
Thanks Bill,

I just did re-read and now realize it is for unlimited deliveries...good news. Thanks again ...I think I might try Publix delivery for our trip in June.

I am helping DSis and DNiece figure out ADRs and food for their trips. Who has used one of the grocery delivery services recently? Reviews and tips? TIA

We are GG fans. We actually like having a pick list and being able to save favorites on the website. We just placed our order for July and got the 60+ day 10% discount with $2 shipping for an order >$200. We also like that they can keep our ID on file and deliver beer without needing to be there to sign for it.

Yes! Yuengling!! It's his favorite, and the closest we can get it is TN which is about 5 hours away. Even when I go without him I order 2-12 packs. I pack them in separate suitcases so as not to go over the weight limit. Each 12 pack weighs about 12 pounds, lol :D

FYI - not sure what part of Illinois you live in, but we now have Yuengling in Indiana. Costco and Sam's carry it as well as the local grocery and liquor stores.

Well I am back from my little getaway and ended up using Safeway delivery service based on a coupon I got for free delivery and $20 off an order over $49.
The driver called about an hour before to let us know when to expect him as we needed to show ID.
When he arrived, again all very smooth. We showed our ID and he said he would load everything into bell services and make sure what needed to stay cold, would. This is due to the fact that we did not have a room yet.
Once we got our room and went to bell services to get our luggage we were advised that the driver had broken several bottles. I texted him back and he admitted it but said he would not be returning to replace the broken items.
I contacted customer service where I was told that they would not return to replace the broken items and she would try to get me a refund for the damaged product but couldn't guarantee anything. I have to say I got quite upset which is not like me. A manager called me back and advised that he would make an exception and return the broken items but this is not their policy unless the damaged part exceeds $25.
So while most of the delivery went smooth, if you are counting on certain items for your trip and something happens to them, you could be out of luck.

You can get the link for Publix's new partner Instacart through their website www.publix.com. Currently Instacart was offering $10 off first order & free delivery. I live & work in a coastal tourist community & Instacart is heavily used here now. I haven't heard any complaints from customers & all their reps are super nice & conscientious.

I would be hesitant about Safeway in Orlando. The store is not anywhere close to Disney which leads me to wonder how often they deliver there and how well versed they are in dealing with Disney.
We've used Safeway 3 or 4 times now and never had a problem. If you order beer or wine, you have to be there to show ID. Sometimes they left it with bell services other times they brought it right to the room. I guess it depends on the resort.

With Instacart, do you have to be present if you order wine or beer? One of things I love about Garden Grocer is that we don't have to be there. But I like the selection I see from Publix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!