recipes for plum sauce?

teri

DIS Veteran
I have about 6 quarts frozen in the freezer... when I went to do the canning I realized I no longer have my canner adn the jars are too big for my large pot, so I just froze it all. We have had it on ice cream, on pancakes and French Toast... any suggestions for using it in recipes?

You could probably thicken it by stirring it with quick cooking tapioca and let it stand about 15 minutes. Then you could use it in plum cobbler recipes. Just don't use nearly as much sugar as the recipe calls for, since I'm sure you sweetened the sauce already.

I have a plum sauce recipe for using when grilling pork. Maybe it could be used for that??
I'm just curious: What were you planning to use it for if you had canned it? Can it still be used for that?

I was going to hand it out as Christmas gifts, in decorated jars. :( Gotta find another gift idea now.

It is great on vanilla ice cream. I tried using it as a glaze on pork chops but it came out pretty brown and not very appealing... I can't grill because of asthma, I can't handle smoke at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter