Recommend an inspirational book please

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
For someone newly diagnosed with a progressive, non-curable condition. She will most likely become unable to walk and isn't dealing with it well. Any books I can recommend? She is an avid reader.

I don't have any book suggestions. I am sorry that she is having trouble accepting it.

I am dealing with something like this myself. A year ago I could walk 3 miles - but a friend pointed out that my foot slapped the ground. Six months later it was almost impossible for me to walk a mile. During the past 6-7 months I've fallen flat on my face on concrete multiple times. Once at the doctor's office where I was being tested for nerve damage I fell flat on my face just walking a few steps.

I have an ECV, a rollator and a cane. I can walk around home a little - but this is getting worse every day. I have a pretty good idea of what my future holds.

But for some reason I am really not all that bothered by it. I wish I didn't have this affliction - but so many people have things so much worse. Something is going to wear out as we age - I'd rather it be this than to have dementia or to lose lung function, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!