Recommend your "watch"

My 2 cents. I just got a 235 since the battery was weakened on my vivoactive hr. Happy to be back in a running watch and off of the touch screen as well. The buttons are much easier to use to toggle between screens, as I found the vivoactive unresponsive in heavy sweat situations. The difference in speed of the gps locating the satellites was face melting.

I had the VivoActive HR as well and many of the issues I had with it were fixed with the VA3. I really like it but you are right that it isn't a running watch. It does most of what I need but I think my next iteration will be back to a Fenix or 935. I'm really hoping the 945 is announced and has most of the Fenix 5 Plus features in a plastic watch much like the 935 did with the initial Fenix 5.

My 2 cents. I just got a 235 since the battery was weakened on my vivoactive hr. Happy to be back in a running watch and off of the touch screen as well. The buttons are much easier to use to toggle between screens, as I found the vivoactive unresponsive in heavy sweat situations. The difference in speed of the gps locating the satellites was face melting.

Interesting point on the touch screens. I ran this morning wearing a long sleeved shirt that had loose sleeves (it was the orange shirt from the 2017 Wine & Dine actually). The sleeves flopping around constantly messed with the touch screens on both my Apple Watch and my VA3. Rain (or being in the shower) can also play havoc with the touch screen on my VA3 (though the apple watch is better at that). I might go with a push button Garmin for my next watch some day, but I'm definitely sticking with a Garmin rather than Apple...

I recommend the 920XT. Not a smart watch like an Apple, but much better for serious training. You can find them online for $225 or so.

My 920xt is a great watch; I picked up a 230 of Ebay for $130. Really like it. I am a big HR person and I do not trust HR on the wrist from anyone. I have an Apple watch and its just not something I would ever train with consistently. I got the 230 as my 910 is starting to show its age (and the buttons are wearing out from use). I would love a 935 someday but really happy withe 230 and the 920xt. If I did not do triathlons, I would stick with the 230 all day.

Just came back to update everyone. I ended up getting the 735XT. I realized that the part of the Apple Watch I most disliked was the touchscreen. Taking my gloves off to start/stop activity really annoyed me. Tomorrow will be my first run and I’m doing speed training intervals. I’m excited to set up the run and not have to count my intervals.
Thanks everyone for the recommendations
1C5CFA9E-C30F-4D2C-9B7E-8565AFBE89F0.jpeg

I'm glad this thread popped back up. I've had a fitbit Blaze for a few years and wear it every single day. It's my all the time watch. I noticed yesterday during a 5K that when I finished it only had me at 2.7 miles. I think it's always been a little "short", but I think as the watch gets older it's getting worse. I'm very torn about what to get. My DH has been through 2 apple watches, but got rid of them for a Garmin (and we are apple people). Pretty much everything we own tech wise is an Apple product. I'm just so torn about what to get. I know this sounds very crazy to some, but I really care about what my watch looks like. I don't want it to look too masculine. One reason that I liked my Fitbit blaze was because I have about 5 watch bands that I trade out daily. The fitbit makes it easy to do that. I realize that doesn't make it a good "running" watch though. So I guess I'm torn about what to get next. I like getting my text messages on my watch. I teach school for a living, so I try not to live with my phone in my hand. I don't really care about being able to respond to texts on the watch though. I'm not sure I could get my fingers to text on my watch if I tried. I'm also aware that I could get a regular watch and a running watch, but I prefer to wear the same one all the time. If you are like me, what do you recommend?

I'm glad this thread popped back up. I've had a fitbit Blaze for a few years and wear it every single day. It's my all the time watch. I noticed yesterday during a 5K that when I finished it only had me at 2.7 miles. I think it's always been a little "short", but I think as the watch gets older it's getting worse. I'm very torn about what to get. My DH has been through 2 apple watches, but got rid of them for a Garmin (and we are apple people). Pretty much everything we own tech wise is an Apple product. I'm just so torn about what to get. I know this sounds very crazy to some, but I really care about what my watch looks like. I don't want it to look too masculine. One reason that I liked my Fitbit blaze was because I have about 5 watch bands that I trade out daily. The fitbit makes it easy to do that. I realize that doesn't make it a good "running" watch though. So I guess I'm torn about what to get next. I like getting my text messages on my watch. I teach school for a living, so I try not to live with my phone in my hand. I don't really care about being able to respond to texts on the watch though. I'm not sure I could get my fingers to text on my watch if I tried. I'm also aware that I could get a regular watch and a running watch, but I prefer to wear the same one all the time. If you are like me, what do you recommend?
I’ve had an Apple Watch since they came out. I’ve always liked mine and use it for everything. I did just get a used garmin though and I am liking it for running purposes but wouldn’t wear it all day long. I very much prefer the Apple Watch for every day use and then the garmin for running.

I’ve had an Apple Watch since they came out. I’ve always liked mine and use it for everything. I did just get a used garmin though and I am liking it for running purposes but wouldn’t wear it all day long. I very much prefer the Apple Watch for every day use and then the garmin for running.

My husband and one daughter had an Apple Watch pretty early on. I thought they weren't so attractive and looked big. I found the Fitbit online and thought it looked more feminine. I told my husband to get me that. I had only seen it online. Little did I know that it was actually even bigger than the apple watch! I've gotten used to the size of it now, so I don't think the size of the apple watch would bother me. I know I should not be hung up on appearances as much as I am. I guess it's a hold over from spending a good portion of my life overweight. I'm 100 lbs. lighter now than I used to be. My wrists are much smaller now, so I really shouldn't worry about the appearance so much.

Thanks for so much for responding.

My husband and one daughter had an Apple Watch pretty early on. I thought they weren't so attractive and looked big. I found the Fitbit online and thought it looked more feminine. I told my husband to get me that. I had only seen it online. Little did I know that it was actually even bigger than the apple watch! I've gotten used to the size of it now, so I don't think the size of the apple watch would bother me. I know I should not be hung up on appearances as much as I am. I guess it's a hold over from spending a good portion of my life overweight. I'm 100 lbs. lighter now than I used to be. My wrists are much smaller now, so I really shouldn't worry about the appearance so much.

Thanks for so much for responding.
For a guy I have rather small hands/wrists so I have the smaller size Apple Watch. I like that the Apple watches come in different colors and have so many different band options. I don’t always buy bands direct from Apple either. I usually just buy third party ones on amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!