Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
Piracy is alive and well and growing. It has not been killed by iTunes.

TBH, it has been dealt a blow. Now that official sources are so cheap, material pirated media is all but dead. The new frontier is downloadable files, but even this source is under threat with the removal of Kazaa, Napster and Limewire. Only BitTorrent really survives and that's full of spyware, legal lacings and worse. To pirate files from BitTorrent you need to be pretty savvy, with TorBrowser and a VPN at the very least.

It's just not worth it any more. If you like a song, why not pay 79p and download it legally from iTunes?

TBH, it has been dealt a blow. Now that official sources are so cheap, material pirated media is all but dead. The new frontier is downloadable files, but even this source is under threat with the removal of Kazaa, Napster and Limewire. Only BitTorrent really survives and that's full of spyware, legal lacings and worse. To pirate files from BitTorrent you need to be pretty savvy, with TorBrowser and a VPN at the very least.

It's just not worth it any more. If you like a song, why not pay 79p and download it legally from iTunes?
Torrents are not loaded with spyware and you do not have to be savvy in anyway.

eztv.ag makes it extremely easy to pirate any current or recent tv show.

There are sites devoted to movies as well that allow you to stream them without having to download.

Piracy has not been dealt a blow and as long as there are people in the world it will continue to thrive.

Torrents are not loaded with spyware and you do not have to be savvy in anyway.

eztv.ag makes it extremely easy to pirate any current or recent tv show.

There are sites devoted to movies as well that allow you to stream them without having to download.

Piracy has not been dealt a blow and as long as there are people in the world it will continue to thrive.

Just warning you...

Limits are one issue. However, I wasn't necessarily thinking about the limits but simply matching up IDs to some sort of central clearinghouse to verify that it hasn't been altered (such as photos), reported lost/stolen, or isn't otherwise fake.
To put such a database with that level of information online to be shared between states or provinces is asking for ALL of that information to be hacked, downloaded and sold.

The data would have inaccuracies because it is curated by people.

Almost immediately there would be people barred from buying because the computer says no.

No thank you. It is better that a few people get to buy illegally then to stop even one legal person from buying.

The presumption of innocence is an important ideal that should not be ignored.

At $10/gram, that level of spending would be way more than recreational use IMO. For perspective, that would be enough for somewhere between 60 and 125 joints... That's a daily habit, not a recreational one, and about the same or more than the medicinal users I know consume.

You know that Prop 1 here in MI would allow people to purchase/ be in possession of 2.5 OUNCES without penalty. That's of course not including the additional 10 oz that can be locked up at home as well as 12 plants. Depending on how people roll them, 2.5 oz is like 150+ joints. Sounds far more than recreational to me...

These are hard stats to parse, though, because distribution/low-level trafficking is often in the eye of the arresting officer. In my wilder years, I dated a guy who served time in jail for "dealing" pot because he had three pre-rolled joints in a cigarette pack on the way to a party. Another friend was charged as a dealer because he had 3 or 4 dime bags that he'd just bought in his car, and yet another because he had a quarter-ounce. In the first two cases, the officers and prosecutors chose to use the way the pot was packaged to prove it was intended for sale rather than personal consumption, and in the third they argued that no one would buy that kind of weight for personal use. I know less of that happens now than did 15-20 years ago when I was around a lot of pot smokers, but it does make me skeptical when people point out how few convictions are for "simple possession". Because the people I know who were charged only with simple possession had a roach in an ashtray or cigarette pack. Anyone who had any quantity of actual pot at all caught higher level charges.

Here's another source that gives virtually the same numbers concerning marijuana possession convictions, as well as offers a bit of context.

https://books.google.com/books?
id=mO0CTJCZsiQC&q=6+million&hl=en#v=onepage&q=40%2C000&f=false

A couple of exercpts:

Screenshot_20181020-162019~2.png
Screenshot_20181020-162108~2.png
There's a difference between a possession with intent to sell charge and a trafficking charge, which is what the vast majority of this incarcerated for marijuana have. The terms distribution and dealing are often associated with both so it can be hard to know off of that terminology alone what they were convicted of. I obviously don't know the personal details of the people you mention, but there are a lot of things that can affect what someone is actually convicted of, like if they are in possession in a close proximity to kids under 18, prior convictions, how they plead in court, etc.

I don't doubt that a good number of people are arrested and even charged with marijuana possession each year, but few of those people are actually convicted with the same thing they were arrested and charged with, with most of them getting a lesser conviction.

View attachment 359241

I make indica capsules for bed and use about 3 puffs of a hybrid vape and I get EIGHT HOURS .. which may not seem like a big deal to most but when your literally suffering getting regular amounts of sleep is basically a miracle.This is now my night time meds , it USE to be two ( yes two ) ambien , z quill and two Valium ... so this is 100% better for me and even with the other stuff I only slept maybe 3 hours .

I envy you...it's been years since I get more then 4 hours of sleep, if I'm lucky. I don't see it becoming legal in FL though, so I will keep suffering.

I personally do not use it and that won't change now that it's legal.
I don't doubt there are some amazing medical benefits so I'm not against it.
I do know someone who had Cannabis Induced Psychosis but I'm sure it's not the norm.
Basically I hope that people are smart about it and don't drive while high or use it while pregnant etc.

Oh and the age limit is set by each province and they have chose to align it with the legal drinking age which is 19, except for Alberta where it's 18 (correct me if I'm wrong, I do know BC is 19)

About what?

Some stats:
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/piracy-global-2017-tv-music-film-illegal-streaming-1202731243/

“Our data suggests that piracy is more popular than ever,” said Muso CEO Andy Chatterley. “It has become clear that streaming is the most popular way for consumers to access content, whether it be via legitimate channels or illegitimate ones.”

I'm warning you about being so blazé with regards to pirate sources. If you don't use at LEAST a proxy, VPN and the Tor Browser, you are putting your computer at risk. I don't care if you believe me or not, I'm just warning you.

Oh and the age limit is set by each province and they have chose to align it with the legal drinking age which is 19, except for Alberta where it's 18 (correct me if I'm wrong, I do know BC is 19)

Here in Manitoba the drinking age is 18 and toking age is 19.

I'm warning you about being so blazé with regards to pirate sources. If you don't use at LEAST a proxy, VPN and the Tor Browser, you are putting your computer at risk. I don't care if you believe me or not, I'm just warning you.
You are not going to protect yourself from malware or spyware by using a proxy, VPN, or Tor Browser. None of those tools provide any protection from malware, spyware, or ransomware.

I envy you...it's been years since I get more then 4 hours of sleep, if I'm lucky. I don't see it becoming legal in FL though, so I will keep suffering.

I don’t think tn will ever legalize either until it’s a federal reversal, but we got cbd legalized. It won’t get you high, but the evenings I take it before bed I can get to sleep faster and sleep much better. If fl legalizes it, it might be worth a shot.

You are not going to protect yourself from malware or spyware by using a proxy, VPN, or Tor Browser. None of those tools provide any protection from malware, spyware, or ransomware.

I fear you are totally, 100% wrong.

Simple software such as Avast will protect you from identity theft, ransomware, malware, spyware and malicious attacks. There is NO EXCUSE for endangering your PC from these things given that the software is free.

I doubt you're even using TAILS?

There is a downside to using a VPN though. If you use PayPal, you will be rerouted to some random foreign page such as Germany or Italy. It may even block you completely. It is a VERY solid tool to use but can go too far.

Just in case anyone here hasn't heard of TAILS, here it is:

https://tails.boum.org/

It is as near to being totally protected as you can get in civvy land. It runs off a CD/DVD live, scrambles your data stream and basially hides you from the nasties on the net. VERY effective and now not too nasty on the eyes either!

tails-small.png

There is a downside to using a VPN though. If you use PayPal, you will be rerouted to some random foreign page such as Germany or Italy. It may even block you completely. It is a VERY solid tool to use but can go too far.

Since we were talking about needing more thread and traffic, I think this is an amazing idea for a thread, domo

I fear you are totally, 100% wrong.

Simple software such as Avast will protect you from identity theft, ransomware, malware, spyware and malicious attacks. There is NO EXCUSE for endangering your PC from these things given that the software is free.

I doubt you're even using TAILS?
You mentioned using Tor or a VPN or a proxy as a way to protect against malware. They provide absolutely no protection.

Now you mention using an anti virus/malware program. That is very different from the tools you mentioned before.

Don’t move the goal posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!