Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
You mentioned using Tor or a VPN or a proxy as a way to protect against malware. They provide absolutely no protection.

Now you mention using an anti virus/malware program. That is very different from the tools you mentioned before.

Don’t move the goal posts.

I'm actually scared that you seem to be happy dealing with dodgy sites :(

As I said on my thread, YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOURSELF. To not do so is, well, bat crazy.

Op here. We had a report on our evening news of a transport truck crash in Burlington, Ontario (Between Toronto & Niagara Falls) where the driver was high, and had MJ in his cab as well... sigh.

It's sad but, IMO, inevitable. Like drunk driving I guess. Or even, at a stretch, texting whilst driving. Anything that takes your mind off the road and in doing do threatens the lives and wellbeing of other drivers.

Op here. We had a report on our evening news of a transport truck crash in Burlington, Ontario (Between Toronto & Niagara Falls) where the driver was high, and had MJ in the cab.
I kind of doubt this can be directly blamed on legalization last Thursday. Anybody reckless enough to drive high and while working is likely to have been doing it for a while, not just emboldened by the changes in the law, which DID NOT make what he did legal (except the possession part).

There are other legal drugs as well that you don't want to take whilst driving. Many psychiatric medications can make you tired, "loopy", overconfident or otherwise off your game. And you never know how these drugs will hit you, from Ambien to Zoloft. Best take them beforehand preferably around others to see how you react.

The last time I purchased weed it was 3 for 5. Not interested in ever going back to that year 35 years ago. Just because one drug is legal doesn’t mean others should be. I’d be more worried about lung cancer by smoking anything when it came down to my adults purchasing weed for recreational purposes. Smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer.

Consuming cannibis for pain management seems legit from all my sources. I would have no problem partaking in that if need be.

We live in an age based on nearly instant transfer of information. Fake IDs should be near impossible to use if matched against a database that includes the electronic photo. That's the case at international borders where travel document databases are shared, and with the central database of state DL/IDs that I mentioned for buying one specific medication.

I'd think that they would want to establish something like this for purchases of legal recreational drugs.

That seems like a hacker's dream. And it still wouldn't address the type of fake ID I hear is the most common, at least in my neck of the woods - someone borrowing the ID of an older sibling or friend because no one's DMV photo is so good that it takes more than a passing resemblance for it to work.

IIRC, the database for buying OTC meth-making drugs doesn't work the way you're imagining. It only verifies that the mag-strip on the ID is valid and logs how often it is used. It doesn't give the POS system access to DMV photos or other information, the way the systems at border crossings do.

I kind of doubt this can be directly blamed on legalization last Thursday. Anybody reckless enough to drive high and while working is likely to have been doing it for a while, not just emboldened by the changes in the law, which DID NOT make what he did legal (except the possession part).
It will definitely be used by the anti legalization side to argue against legalization in countries still considering legalization.

The narrative: It took less then 72 hours before a pot head in Canada caused an accident on legal weed. Think of the children that could have been killed? Think of the children!

You can order bespoke fake IDs and meds to order (including all strains of marijuana) from the Dark Web, the underbelly of the internet. And no, I'm not going to tell you how to access it, as you do NOT want to go there - disgusting stuff all over the place. And if you commit a crime, you WILL BE found out.

You know that Prop 1 here in MI would allow people to purchase/ be in possession of 2.5 OUNCES without penalty. That's of course not including the additional 10 oz that can be locked up at home as well as 12 plants. Depending on how people roll them, 2.5 oz is like 150+ joints. Sounds far more than recreational to me...

I know. But we were trying to parse "cost of a recreational habit", not decide if the law will effectively limit people to said level of use. That, frankly, isn't the role of the law. There's nothing stopping me from buying, possessing, or transporting far more than "personal use" amounts of alcohol either, and that is as it should be IMO. It would be ridiculous to call something legal if it was illegal to have more than one person could be expected to consume in a short period of time - by that standard, buying a couple cases of beer to offer several varieties or keeping a well-stocked liquor cabinet would also be illegal.

I personally think the MI limits are reasonable - they're set high enough that no one will be assumed to be part of the black market if they buy "in bulk", provide weed rather than or in addition to booze for party guests, or take up cultivation as a hobby. I understand that there does have to be some limit, at least while we see how legalization impacts the black market, but it make sense to set those limits high.

It will definitely be used by the anti legalization side to argue against legalization in countries still considering legalization.

The narrative: It took less then 72 hours before a pot head in Canada caused an accident on legal weed. Think of the children that could have been killed? Think of the children!
As you may have gleaned, I'm not a proponent of legalization but I also don't advocate misleading rhetoric.

This incident almost certainly could as easily have happened last Wednesday. This is not just a new liberty the guy decided to allow himself. And there's NO WAY whatever company he works for as a professional driver didn't have a clear no-drugs-or-alcohol policy in place. I'd bet the farm they did; before and after legalization. If the asshat drives high, he drives high - just like drunk drivers. I saw a study once about how many times a person convicted of drunk driving admitted to driving drunk before getting caught and it was gobsmacking.

As you may have gleaned, I'm not a proponent of legalization but I also don't advocate misleading rhetoric.

This incident almost certainly could as easily have happened last Wednesday. This is not just a new liberty the guy decided to allow himself. And there's NO WAY whatever company he works for as a professional driver didn't have a clear no-drugs-or-alcohol policy in place. I'd bet the farm they did; before and after legalization. If the asshat drives high, he drives high - just like drunk drivers. I saw a study once about how many times a person convicted of drunk driving admitted to driving drunk before getting caught and it was gobsmacking.
There are always rational people on both sides of an issue but they tend to be the quiet ones. It is the activist ones who get all the press and this story is ripe for them to use.

We live in an age based on nearly instant transfer of information. Fake IDs should be near impossible to use if matched against a database that includes the electronic photo. That's the case at international borders where travel document databases are shared, and with the central database of state DL/IDs that I mentioned for buying one specific medication.

I'd think that they would want to establish something like this for purchases of legal recreational drugs.

There were some stores in PEI that were using a scanner and were forced to stop after a complaint by the Privacy Commissioner. He was worried about the machines storing a large amount of personal data. The stores responded that they scanners weren't setup to do that but a programmer realized they were. Before the could reprogram them they were told to stop using them.

Op here. We had a report on our evening news of a transport truck crash in Burlington, Ontario (Between Toronto & Niagara Falls) where the driver was high, and had MJ in the cab.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-s...bis-in-cab-charged-after-hitting-wall-on-qew/

I would bet money that he was doing that before this past Wednesday.

Since it’s only legally available online in Ontario, has anyone actually gotten their shipment of legal pot yet?
Good catch, and an interesting point, but I think it will be functionally IMPOSSIBLE to tell legal pot from "illegal", especially with home-grows being allowed.

Since it’s only legally available online in Ontario, has anyone actually gotten their shipment of legal pot yet?

The only thing I heard was a pending postal strike would NOT affect delivery, MJ will be delivered by other services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter