>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Also, the refillable mugs are not tied to DDP or even a resort stay. Anyone can purchase and activate one. Last trip, I started at Pop (without dining plan) for the first night before moving to the Swan. I paid out of pocket for a mug when I was at Pop, and used it to refill at the Boardwalk resorts after moving there (no refill stations at Swolphin because technically off property, but we were always walking past WDW properties, so it was easy to get a quick drink).

A non-resort guest could even go to a close hotel, buy a mug and fill it on the way to/from the park. For example, stop off at the Contemporary, refill at Contempo Cafe and continue to MK or the TTC. I know there are people who resort hop on their non-park days, and $20 for a refillable mug to enjoy soda/coffee at each stop is a lot less expensive than a park ticket.

Do you know it any of the Boardwalk resorts have the Coke Freestyle Machines? We’re staying at the POP and their drink choices are really limited. Right now where planning on occasionally taking our refillable mugs to HS/Epcot and refill them at the Caribbean Beach or Riviera on our way or returning to the park. Kinda like the idea of re-living the Boardwalk walk that we did on previous stays at the Swan Dolphin.

Do you know it any of the Boardwalk resorts have the Coke Freestyle Machines? We’re staying at the POP and their drink choices are really limited. Right now where planning on occasionally taking our refillable mugs to HS/Epcot and refill them at the Caribbean Beach or Riviera on our way or returning to the park. Kinda like the idea of re-living the Boardwalk walk that we did on previous stays at the Swan Dolphin.

Beach Club and Yacht Club have Freestyle Machines. Boardwalk and Hurricane Hanna's have the regular dispensers.

Has anyone personally used the new insulated cups? Are they effective at temperature control? I love my plastic mugs, but they really don't keep coffee hot for very long, though they're fine for keeping my soda cool (with a lot of ice) in the time it takes me to drink it.

I might splurge on a Star Wars insulted mug if it really works.

Beach Club and Yacht Club have Freestyle Machines. Boardwalk and Hurricane Hanna's have the regular dispensers.

Thanks! Got one more set question and then I think I’ve covered all of the SkyLiner adjacent resorts. :rotfl:

The Riviera Primo Piatto QS appears to be fairly close to the Riviera SkyLiner station. Other hotel guests can refill there mugs there correct? Since it’s a DVC resort I just wanted to verify that.. Also, can anyone verify it Primo Piatto has Coke FreeStyle machines?

Thanks! Got one more set question and then I think I’ve covered all of the SkyLiner adjacent resorts. :rotfl:

The Riviera Primo Piatto QS appears to be fairly close to the Riviera SkyLiner station. Other hotel guests can refill there mugs there correct? Since it’s a DVC resort I just wanted to verify that.. Also, can anyone verify it Primo Piatto has Coke FreeStyle machines?

Anyone can refill at any resort, DVC or not. Remember that Boardwalk and Beach Club are DVC, but people can still refill there.

I have not yet been to Riviera, but according to a quick google search for Primo Piatto reviews, there are coke freestyle machines (and pictures, if you search images).

Anyone can refill at any resort, DVC or not. Remember that Boardwalk and Beach Club are DVC, but people can still refill there.

I have not yet been to Riviera, but according to a quick google search for Primo Piatto reviews, there are coke freestyle machines (and pictures, if you search images).
Thank you for answering my question above. Love to see the the Freestyle machines, and it looks like they even have Pibb (a fav of my husband).

Has anyone personally used the new insulated cups? Are they effective at temperature control? I love my plastic mugs, but they really don't keep coffee hot for very long, though they're fine for keeping my soda cool (with a lot of ice) in the time it takes me to drink it.

I am wondering the same thing. Love the option to upgrade to SW mug and could replace some of my older resort mugs, but it makes more sense if they are (at least a little) better.

I feel like mine works really well. I used the Star Wars mug over this past hot weekend and my drink stayed cold. There was ice leftover that didn’t really melt, I ended up dumping it out. This morning I’m home and burned my mouth on the coffee I put in it.

We like to have breakfast at the resort before hitting the parks. The refillable cups are great for getting our drinks at that time (rather than paying for them daily), but then we’re stuck either taking them with us - which is not ideal for us - or walk it all the way back to our room, when we’d rather just go get on the bus. Does anyone have a clever solution to this that I’m not thinking of?

We like to have breakfast at the resort before hitting the parks. The refillable cups are great for getting our drinks at that time (rather than paying for them daily), but then we’re stuck either taking them with us - which is not ideal for us - or walk it all the way back to our room, when we’d rather just go get on the bus. Does anyone have a clever solution to this that I’m not thinking of?

Depends on the resort your staying at. If there is a pool bath room / changing room near the foodcourt and they have lockers, you could rent a locker, store your mugs there and get them when you return from the park.

We will be staying at the POP in July and that’s our tentative plan. Not sure if it’s still the case now, but 2 years ago someone posted that for 2 quarters, you could rent a locker before catching a bus and pick it up when you return. Not sure if that’s still the case, but really hoping so. 🤞

Depends on the resort your staying at. If there is a pool bath room / changing room near the foodcourt and they have lockers, you could rent a locker, store your mugs there and get them when you return from the park.

We will be staying at the POP in July and that’s our tentative plan. Not sure if it’s still the case now, but 2 years ago someone posted that for 2 quarters, you could rent a locker before catching a bus and pick it up when you return. Not sure if that’s still the case, but really hoping so. 🤞

That’s a good idea! I’ll definitely check on that. We like to refill them at night too, but the trek back out after we make it to our room sounds terrible 🤣 so a locker could definitely help there too.

If you're using a park bag, just stick the empty mugs in a ziplock bag in it. Two mugs fit in a gallon size bag.

We did that when we stayed at Pop and were way out in building #2 (which felt like it was a mile from everything). I will say that it was 8+ years ago but it did work out very well for us. However, that was before the pools were fenced in. I'm not sure if those buildings are now inside the fence...meaning, you wouldn't have access to them depending on what time you leave for the parks in the morning or if the pool is already closed for the night when you get back to the resort. Just something to double check before you find out your mugs are locked in until the pool opens in the morning.

I’m on a scooter and have decided I’m going to get a combination lock large carabiner and attach it to the steering wheel. But you could do the same to a backpack strap. That way it’s not taking up space in your park bag. It would also be handy for dumping excess drink onto from a QS meal. I often did that last trip with a sports bottle, so we didn’t have to sit and finish the drink, it could just come with us. You could also use them for water.

I’m on a scooter and have decided I’m going to get a combination lock large carabiner and attach it to the steering wheel. But you could do the same to a backpack strap. That way it’s not taking up space in your park bag. It would also be handy for dumping excess drink onto from a QS meal. I often did that last trip with a sports bottle, so we didn’t have to sit and finish the drink, it could just come with us. You could also use them for water.

I didn't know combination lock carabiners were a thing! Thank you!

Has anyone done this?

I did an Amazon search, and it seems like maybe one designed for motorcycle helmets would be good because the coiled cable could stretch to go around multiple mugs (or whatever else you want to attach). I didn't see any large ones that would accommodate the mug handles without the extra cord. Do you have a model in mind?

We've done the pool locker rental at Art of Animation and it worked out great for us. I wouldn't want to bring the mugs into the parks just to have them knocking around on everything, touching who-knows-what in the process, and generally just getting in the way all day. If they were spill-proof, that might be a different proposition. Anyway, I'm a big proponent of the locker idea. It's only a couple bucks and can really save the steps at the end of the night.

I didn't know combination lock carabiners were a thing! Thank you!

Has anyone done this?

I did an Amazon search, and it seems like maybe one designed for motorcycle helmets would be good because the coiled cable could stretch to go around multiple mugs (or whatever else you want to attach). I didn't see any large ones that would accommodate the mug handles without the extra cord. Do you have a model in mind?
You want to look for Stroller Hooks with a combination lock. Here’s one on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Buggyguard-B...s=locking+stroller+hook&qid=1579141886&sr=8-3 That one seems expensive. I’m in the UK and the ones here are a lot cheaper than that.2A31BE78-B80F-4DFD-AAD9-947C02944272.png

If you’re keeping them on you then you may not need it to be lockable. There are plenty of large stroller hooks on US Amazon without the locks.

Hope this helps.

Edit to add, regular size combination lock carabiner on US Amazon. I believe these are a little larger than standard and should fit a single handle of a mug

https://www.amazon.com/VGEBY1-Carab...bination+carabiner+clip&qid=1579142254&sr=8-3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts