>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

No, all of them are white.
I hate those white handles! Hope when new mug design comes out they go back to coloured handles. Can they reactivate old mug now? I'd rather bring my last mug than get a white handle one if that's a possibility.

I hate those white handles! Hope when new mug design comes out they go back to coloured handles. Can they reactivate old mug now? I'd rather bring my last mug than get a white handle one if that's a possibility.

Agreed. And yes, they can activate an old mug as long as the RFID chip is still good.

I can't find any pictures of current refillable mugs (white handles!?! this is the first I am hearing about those).

We will be going in September . . . can someone post a picture of a recent mug so I know what to envision in my upcoming Dsney trip? (Bonus points if you get a picture of the sales rack with the color choices available). I am hoping they aren't halloween themed.

I can't find any pictures of current refillable mugs (white handles!?! this is the first I am hearing about those).

We will be going in September . . . can someone post a picture of a recent mug so I know what to envision in my upcoming Dsney trip? (Bonus points if you get a picture of the sales rack with the color choices available). I am hoping they aren't halloween themed.

I did a search for you "searched for "white" from this thread only and found...

Here are my photos of the current blue and purple lid mugs at All-Star Music.

View attachment 232771
My personal mug filled with coffee.

View attachment 232772
Set of purple mugs sold in Maestro Mickey's gift shop. The full selection of colors was in the Intermission food court.

First mention of white handles in this thread. was in February of this year. Last late summer they took off handles entirely, then my December had some sort of handles again. But white handles were only specifically mentioned here in feb.

Last edited:
Nuts, I liked the color handles . . . would be easier to match if you had very picky kids. Might have to take a sharpie to identify now.

We got this one in March while staying at SSR. My Sister in Law got a pink one with a pink handle last Dec, but I never saw one at WDW myself.

IMG_3672.JPG

We just got back. Still the same design and with white handles. Had neon pink, blue, and red lids. (possibly purple, can't remember). We did a split stay and didn't have to do anything when we changed resorts. The mugs are good for 2 weeks when they are activated no matter which resort you stay at. Noticed that Art of Animation did not have Cherry Coke while All Star music did. Just in case anyone wondered.....

How much does the refillable mug cost? we are arriving in 1 month and don't have the DP. Thanks

I was also wondering if I the machines have free water and can I refill my Brita Water bottle (reusable no chip) not refillable mug? Thanks

I was also wondering if I the machines have free water and can I refill my Brita Water bottle (reusable no chip) not refillable mug? Thanks
Yes, they all have free water. And best of all, it is filtered and chilled. :) We fill our reuseable bottles all the time. It is better than bottled water.

So my question, we are going to stay a week at two different hotels and three different reservations. Are the mugs tied to my Disney tickets or each hotel reservation?

So my question, we are going to stay a week at two different hotels and three different reservations. Are the mugs tied to my Disney tickets or each hotel reservation?

They aren't tied to anything. Anyone can purchase them, you don't have to be staying on site or have any tickets purchased. If you purchase mugs they are good for your entire trip at every WDW resort.

What's a "stay"?

Do the RFIDs eventually expire? The OP said they last about 14 days so I wouldnt be able to bring them a year from now or something?

What's a "stay"?

How long you have a WDW resort booked.

Do the RFIDs eventually expire?

Yes. When they are purchased they are good for 14 days. If you have a WDW resort stay for longer than that, on day 15 bring your mugs and confirmation number to a location that they sell the mugs and they will reactivate for another 14 days.

The OP said they last about 14 days

Correct.

so I wouldnt be able to bring them a year from now or something?

Well you could, but you would have to pay full price and they will reactivate the mugs you brought with you from a previous trip.

What's a "stay"?

Do the RFIDs eventually expire? The OP said they last about 14 days so I wouldnt be able to bring them a year from now or something?

They are automatically good for 14 days.

The chip can be renewed for future trips. As long as you haven't microwaved the mug. And it costs the same as a new mug.

So that's just my only worry. Folks said they "seem" to last 14 days. Our first resort stay is 4 days then we check out and stay somewhere else for 4 days.

No need to worry. They are set to expire in 14 days after you first purchase them. I am 100% sure of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!