>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Sure, I've done this in the past, where we've filled our mugs before heading to the parks. The plus would be that you can enjoy a beverage as you arrive, and then you also have the mugs with you when you return to your resort vs. having to go back to the room to get them. Or, for example, if you left the Magic Kingdom to visit one of the monorail resorts, you could use your mugs there too.

The down side is that you have to carry the mugs around, but like you the times we used to bring them was when we had a stroller so we had extra space to store them during the day.
We sometimes take them. It depends on where the bus drops us off. If we end up walking right by the refill station, we are more likely to take them with us.

I have a scooter so we can put them in the basket behind me.

I wonder what was Disney's goal with the temporary removal of those handles? Was it to make them harder too tote around the entire property and decrease use of them at other resorts than the one you were staying at?

Has anyone filled up their resort mugs and taken them into the parks? I'm toying withe the idea of getting a couple big carabiners and hooking the mugs on by the handle and them hooking them to the stroller. Is it worth it? Has anyone done it successfully?

Don’t fill them and then hook them to the stroller. They aren’t impervious to spilling. The caribiners would be a way to haul the empty cups around.

And of course if you're traveling any way but monorail you have to fold the stroller etc, so the cups become one more thing to carry.

And you’re not supposed to eat or drink on buses (though people carry drinks on all the time).

I personally would probably rinse out the empties and put them in a string bag so it can easily be taken on rides with you. Since there are no limits on what resort they can be used at, and they are worth about $18 each, I wouldn't leave them on a stroller at the parks.

I wonder what was Disney's goal with the temporary removal of those handles? Was it to make them harder too tote around the entire property and decrease use of them at other resorts than the one you were staying at?

They said it was so they would more easily fit into cup holders. True for many. But the handles worked just fine for my car.

IMO the turnaround of getting the white handles was too short for what people theorize (handle-less cups a flop, ordered handles, etc). So I bet this was their intention. Probably lowered their costs by getting rid of the colorful handles.

Much like “new coke” was the interim as coke changed the sugar to hfcs between “coke” and “classic coke”.

Has anyone filled up their resort mugs and taken them into the parks? I'm toying withe the idea of getting a couple big carabiners and hooking the mugs on by the handle and them hooking them to the stroller. Is it worth it? Has anyone done it successfully?
I've seen bus drivers ask people to finish their drinks or empty their mugs before they got on the bus. Sign at the front of the bus indicates no eating or drinking on the bus. If you have a bottle (like a water bottle or soda bottle) with a screw on cap, they allow that (just don't drink it on the bus). But mugs aren't as secure and will leak.

Downside to that is if you are taking bus transportation to the parks, you have to fold the stroller while on it. So I think you would wind up holding onto them when on the bus, not easy to do while holding the stroller and any kids and even worse if you have to stand.

I did this exactly one time. It's just a nuisance to me. You can't carry them like that full because they spill, and once they're empty you can't refill them in the parks except for water, then see the spillage. If you leave them on your stroller while on rides they're an attractive nuisance to be stolen. Not worth the trouble to me.

Dumb question and I wasn’t sure where to put it so here it goes:

At the refill stations, there is water too, correct? And if so is it filtered or will I gag? I like soda but I can only deal with so much and prefer water but not that nasty unfiltered stuff.

Thanks.

Dumb question and I wasn’t sure where to put it so here it goes:

At the refill stations, there is water too, correct? And if so is it filtered or will I gag? I like soda but I can only deal with so much and prefer water but not that nasty unfiltered stuff.

Thanks.
I don't know if it's filtered, but it's not as "gaggy" as the water in the rooms. The water in the parks is fine for me, and I can't even brush my teeth with the room water.

Ummm, I'll go with "so they can sell you a shoulder strap holder later to carry it around with" at least like be seen at other parks with a season drink cup. It reads like the popular children's book "If you give a mouse a cookie."

" If you give a resort guest a refillable mug, he's going to want a strap holder to go with it."

I think I've read about mugs and dining plans somewhere, but can't remember where. Is it true that you can get an extra snack/dessert or something instead of a drink if you're using your QS plan at the resort? Obviously there's no need to purchase a a drink if you can fill your mug for free.

The FAQ says that the mugs' RFID coding last 14 days by default. We will be at CSR for 3 weeks and then Boardwalk for 1 week. We have the free dining promotion, which includes the mugs. Will we keep the same mug for our entire trip, or will we have to get a new one after 14 days, and another new one when we change resorts? It seems terribly wasteful if we can't keep one mug through the entire trip, but I have never been before so I'm not sure how it works.

I have dipped in and out of this thread but not read all 78 pages, so apologies if this has already been answered. Thank you.

We stayed for 3 weeks in 2014 and ours lasted the entire stay. I believe it's programmed to be valid for your entire stay. I'm not sure how it works when you swap resorts though, you might have to re-activate your mug then.

The FAQ says that the mugs' RFID coding last 14 days by default. We will be at CSR for 3 weeks and then Boardwalk for 1 week. We have the free dining promotion, which includes the mugs. Will we keep the same mug for our entire trip, or will we have to get a new one after 14 days, and another new one when we change resorts? It seems terribly wasteful if we can't keep one mug through the entire trip, but I have never been before so I'm not sure how it works.

I have dipped in and out of this thread but not read all 78 pages, so apologies if this has already been answered. Thank you.

When it "shuts off" on day 15, bring your mug to a location that sells them with your confirmation number. The CM will reactivate it for the next 14 days.

Regarding split stays - can you get an additional set of mugs for your second dining plan if you wish? It's not so much that I want 8 mugs instead of 4, but it is appealing to have 1 mug for my morning coffee, and another for a soda later in the day.

Regarding split stays - can you get an additional set of mugs for your second dining plan if you wish? It's not so much that I want 8 mugs instead of 4, but it is appealing to have 1 mug for my morning coffee, and another for a soda later in the day.

If you have the dining plan for both parts of your split stay, then you get a mug with each plan.

We stayed for 3 weeks in 2014 and ours lasted the entire stay. I believe it's programmed to be valid for your entire stay. I'm not sure how it works when you swap resorts though, you might have to re-activate your mug then.

That’s great to know, thank you. Hopefully it will be programmed for at least the first 3 weeks in the first hotel.

When it "shuts off" on day 15, bring your mug to a location that sells them with your confirmation number. The CM will reactivate it for the next 14 days.

Perfect; thank you.

Any news of newer mugs???? I love collecting them and have an older one from CSR and Blizzard Beach from 2003. I would love to see pics of the mugs from this year if anyone has them.

Any news of newer mugs???? I love collecting them and have an older one from CSR and Blizzard Beach from 2003. I would love to see pics of the mugs from this year if anyone has them.

See post #1512 on page 76 for pictures of the current mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts