>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Do you guys take the mugs in the parks with you? Seems like it would be a hassle to carry around since they can't fill it up for you anyway. Might as well get the ice water in their cups, no?

Do you guys take the mugs in the parks with you?

We usually do not. The only time we do is when staying at an Epcot resort and walking into the International Gateway with a Sunken Treasure in them. And then we'll get a Grey Goose slushie on the way out.

Seems like it would be a hassle to carry around since they can't fill it up for you anyway.

That's why we usually don't.

Might as well get the ice water in their cups, no?

Yes.

Do you guys take the mugs in the parks with you? Seems like it would be a hassle to carry around since they can't fill it up for you anyway. Might as well get the ice water in their cups, no?
We do, sometimes, but I have a scooter with a large basket and we put them in the basket.

We wouldn't do it if we had to carry them around.

Ah, we'll be taking a stroller so we could fit them underneath, but we'll probably just stick to the cups they provide.

Just curious. Are there any good options for non caffeinated drinks for kids that don’t like soda? 2 out of 3 kids don’t like soda/pop bc of the fizz

I see that "hot tea" is an option using refillable mugs. How is that done at the beverage station? Just hot water and tea bags? It's not pre-brewed is it?

I see that "hot tea" is an option using refillable mugs. How is that done at the beverage station? Just hot water and tea bags? It's not pre-brewed is it?

It is not pre-brewed tea. I know my dh has made himself tea some nights after we came back from the parks.

You'll need to bring your mug to the cashier and they will give you tea bags. At least that's the way it was at POR last year. DH only drinks tea and noticed that change since our previous stay at WDW.

You'll need to bring your mug to the cashier and they will give you tea bags. At least that's the way it was at POR last year. DH only drinks tea and noticed that change since our previous stay at WDW.

Oh, interesting. I thought I still saw tea bags at Contempo Cafe in Feb. Makes sense, though.

Just jumping in on this. Our last trip to WDW was June 2015. We have red, blue, purple, and green mug lids and handles. We now have 5 with us. Color coding was great for us knowing who's mug was whose... especially when refilling when tired early or very late. We are going again over Thanksgiving. From what I gather, we have different color lids, but still only 4 different colors....but also no corresponding color on the actual mug portion to match?

Secondly, we are on the DP but going via split stay. My understanding is that once activated the mugs are good for 14 days. However, instead of getting 3 sets of 5 mugs each do we simply forfeit getting the mugs for stays 2 and 3 or is there any way to credit that back anyhow?

Finally, while the colors may have changed, is the actual picture different from 2015 (pictures in OP)?

Thanks!

From what I gather, we have different color lids, but still only 4 different colors....but also no corresponding color on the actual mug portion to match?
They now have pink lids instead of green ones. You could bring a green lid from home if you want five different colors. The current mugs are the same size as the old ones.

instead of getting 3 sets of 5 mugs each do we simply forfeit getting the mugs for stays 2 and 3 or is there any way to credit that back anyhow?
They won't give you a credit if you choose not to take a free mug.

:)

Just a heads up.
If you are staying CL you may never bother to pick up the refillable mugs. We didn't and gave them to a family checking in as we checked out.

They now have pink lids instead of green ones. You could bring a green lid from home if you want five different colors. The current mugs are the same size as the old ones.

That's what we did last month. We needed 6 different mugs so I brought black, green, and purple lids along from our stash of mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!