Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it caused all the growth. To say additional onsite hotel rooms have 0 to do with additional people attending WDW is just wrong from my view.

I agree with this as the transportation systems from the resorts to the parks is an amenity that will further drive attendance upward.

I like that the restaurant will have a Princess and the Frog theme over the water. If the eating area can bring in a bayou feel - with firefly lit trees and water outside the windows that could be quite lovely.

The concept art for the new restaurant might change from the actual design - but it’s pretty at the moment - reminding me of a “Kiss the Girl” setting besides the Princess and Frog theme. If they could pipe in some singing frogs, fish, birds, fireflies conducted by a crab overlooking a moonlit swamp - I’m sold.

Well, there is a crane on site, that's something.
We are staying at Wilderness lodge at the end of the month, hoping I can see some more activity. I'm more excited for Reflections than I was Riviera(excluding the skyliner part).

So this is a true rumor has it was told to us by our DVC Driver but there is supposed to be a club level at reflections that DVC members can rent as well. Until it's announced I don't think it's true but I would buy here in a heart beat if it is

It looks like the only access road right now is coming in through the campgrounds. Is that correct, I can’t imagine that will continue once heavy construction starts.

If I am not mistaken, there was a walking path from Wilderness Lodge to the Campgrounds. Most likely that path will become a full road in and out of the new Resort. Would it be cool if they did a mini Skyliner from Reflections to Wilderness Lodge to the Transportation Center?

So this is a true rumor has it was told to us by our DVC Driver but there is supposed to be a club level at reflections that DVC members can rent as well. Until it's announced I don't think it's true but I would buy here in a heart beat if it is
I have seen the same rumor on other wdw sites, so there might be some teeth to it. Would be great!

A LOT of land prep required there. Some because of the River Country site. I think once thats done with it will speed up.
Yeah, just seems like it's been about a year of land prep now. My father owns a construction company, so I'm aware of how long that prep can take. But this seems to be dragging. Wondering if Disney's budget hits right now are slowing things down a bit?

Yeah, just seems like it's been about a year of land prep now. My father owns a construction company, so I'm aware of how long that prep can take. But this seems to be dragging. Wondering if Disney's budget hits right now are slowing things down a bit?
Disney always takes things a bit slower. Orlando is also a hot bed for construction right now with only so many workers to go around.

rteetz is once again right on it. Reports are that due to all the construction going on not just at WDW, but thru out Orlando area that there is a real shortage of available construction workers/contractors. Can you imagine what is going to be like when Universal starts ramping up their new park.

We were at FW all week and definitely watched/heard the construction. It is going on well into the evening, but didn't hear anything past 8 PM. I was hoping to see the new horse barn open (scheduled to open Spring 2020). I could see it in the distance, but it is not open as of this timestamp.

What took me by complete surprise was the physical boundary size of this project. It's one thing to look at the boards and top-down plans and artist's rendering, but when you see it in person it really adds to the magnitude.

If this is a blend of theming between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, then this has a very high probability of becoming our favorite.

I took some shots a couple of days ago (sorry I couldn't get any closer).

47887687290805_10222592083537791_1445172124766437376_o.jpg478877
87290805_10222592083537791_1445172124766437376_o.jpg87185544_10222592080657719_2544648065659174912_o.jpg

87290805_10222592083537791_1445172124766437376_o.jpg87185544_10222592080657719_2544648065659174912_o.jpg87491936_10222592090617968_2577679538146246656_o.jpg

We were at FW all week and definitely watched/heard the construction. It is going on well into the evening, but didn't hear anything past 8 PM. I was hoping to see the new horse barn open (scheduled to open Spring 2020). I could see it in the distance, but it is not open as of this timestamp.

What took me by complete surprise was the physical boundary size of this project. It's one thing to look at the boards and top-down plans and artist's rendering, but when you see it in person it really adds to the magnitude.

If this is a blend of theming between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, then this has a very high probability of becoming our favorite.

I took some shots a couple of days ago (sorry I couldn't get any closer).

View attachment 478876View attachment 478876View attachment 478877
View attachment 478876View attachment 478877

View attachment 478878

View attachment 478876View attachment 478877View attachment 478878

View attachment 478879
Wow! Great pics! Interesting about the construction worker shortage. We are experiencing the same in Ontario right now - big push by our gov't to try to get High School grads to enter trades colleges instead of University.

You are right - the scale seems very large. We have not bought into DVC (yet), but this resort may just end up being why we finally take the plunge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!