Refunding a Trip

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Has anyone asked for a refund from a trip recently. Our trip was cancelled and we don't feel comfortable booking another trip so we asked for a refund. We got everything back except our deposit. Did this happen to anyone else?

I have not received my refund yet and my trip was for April 13, 2020. We requested it as soon as it was canceled and have not received a penny back. At this point I am getting very frustrated

We got everything back except the deposited. On their website is place where you can email them. I would email or call.

My friend did that with no response. He put everything on her credit card and we booked a trip to make it easier and then I just gave her the cash. I know that there are a lot of people canceling a lot is going on but their customer service is irritating me. Plus when you call she was on hold for three hours only to not get anywhere

On 3/13 cancelled 3/29 Harmony sailing.

Started calling RCCL a month later every Friday to check on refund for DH & me.

On 5/4 when getting ready to file a charge back on my CC, checked the account’s activity. Could see the full credit but it posted in 3 different pending transactions

on 4/26 received the largest refund (approx $1,800)

on 4/29 they split the $500 down payment into 2 unequal refunds?

Both didn’t actually credit to my account through unti 5/4

that particular CC is designated for travel related expenses, not really familiar with how they post credits but does seem rather odd to have that delay.

Regardless, never thought we’d see a refund. Now to see what happens for 8/7 cruise we booked long before things blew up.

A NR cruise, a week prior to the first MNSSHP. Cancelled the 3rd person (GD) and paid it off. Hate to say it but really hoping they (US or RCCL) extends the cancellation schedule. Otherwise, we’ll cancel prior & take the FCC.

Dh was paying bills this morning and realized that our deposit was credited to our other credit card. We did get our 100% back.

I hope those that are still waiting hear soon

We canceled a May cruise, unfortunately after final payment. It took about six weeks to receive the official verification of the future cruise credit for our fare . . . NOT a refund.
We are still waiting, after 10 weeks, for the refund of taxes, fees, and our drink packages.
Not pleased.

It did take us some time to get our money back. It was about 45 days. We decided not to rebook or take a credit. We did get our entire refund back

We canceled a May cruise, unfortunately after final payment. It took about six weeks to receive the official verification of the future cruise credit for our fare . . . NOT a refund.
We are still waiting, after 10 weeks, for the refund of taxes, fees, and our drink packages.
Not pleased.

I‘m happier. The credit finally came through.

We cancelled back in April (through our TA) for our August cruise, and I think it took around 45 days to get the full refund. A bit slow, but for all I know they've laid off a lot of the people that normally process refunds, so I don't want to slam them for this... yet. Need more information.

We cancelled a trip for October.
I paid a $500 deposit (for 2 of us). They are charging us $100 penalty for each of us.
The remainder is a credit for a future cruise.

This cancellation was initiated by us, not RC. They have not officially cancelled October cruises yet.

Just keep track because you never know if they are going to cancel

Currently on hold with Royal to 'move' our November 2020 cruise to March 2021. Let's see how it goes.

So far:
- I got someone on the phone in about 5 minutes. She took my information and put me back on hold to transfer to someone else (idk why).
- That was about 30 minutes ago, still on hold.

Update:
- 90 minutes later I was disconnected.
Will try again next week Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:
Currently on hold with Royal to 'move' our November 2020 cruise to March 2021. Let's see how it goes.

So far:
- I got someone on the phone in about 5 minutes. She took my information and put me back on hold to transfer to someone else (idk why).
- That was about 30 minutes ago, still on hold.

Update:
- 90 minutes later I was disconnected.
Will try again next week Monday or Tuesday.
I recently lifted and sifted our Dec cruise to next year. The call took over 2hrs but got it done. The agent was good though keeping me informed and kept coming back on the call saying "I'm still waiting....". Definitely call when you have lots of time. Good luck.

I recently lifted and sifted our Dec cruise to next year. The call took over 2hrs but got it done. The agent was good though keeping me informed and kept coming back on the call saying "I'm still waiting....". Definitely call when you have lots of time. Good luck.
Thank you for the encouragement. I'm hoping to try again on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!