Refurbishment Thoughts

We definitely pick certain resorts if we are bringing guests. I really wish they would not let so much time pass between renovations. Seven years is just TOO long!

I am so excited about the upcoming renovation at SSR that I can barely stand it! It is our home and I have never been very excited about it overall. However, as our kids have gotten older and we have been DVC member and taken more and more trips , our focus and priorities have changed. With the updates to Disney Springs we are excited about staying closer to it now than ever before since our daughter likes to shop and listen to the music they often have at night ant our our son is 21 and they have some bars now. Often we dont go to the parks till mid day now and we are looking for more thing to do after the parks close so having things at Disney Springs is great.

I like the new streamlined look they used at BW and BC and OKW....I hope SSR will be great....cant wait to see the preliminary sketches...
We own at BLT, OKW, and SSR. We prefer OKW and SSR because we always have a car and often go off property. But SSR is our favorite because of being able to walk from Congress Park.

But SSR is just in such horrible shape right now. I reserved a studio at SSR in May for a friend while we were there. I was embarrassed at how shabby her room was.

We own at BLT, OKW, and SSR. We prefer OKW and SSR because we always have a car and often go off property. But SSR is our favorite because of being able to walk from Congress Park.

But SSR is just in such horrible shape right now. I reserved a studio at SSR in May for a friend while we were there. I was embarrassed at how shabby her room was.

Yeesh. I always get nervous when I read a post like this. SSR is one of our home resorts and it is my kids favorite! We have never had a bad apartment over the ten years we have been going there. Fingers crossed that we never will.

Yeesh. I always get nervous when I read a post like this. SSR is one of our home resorts and it is my kids favorite! We have never had a bad apartment over the ten years we have been going there. Fingers crossed that we never will.
TBH - the bathroom and kitchen are fine. It would be nice if the kitchen appliances were updated. But they did all work.

We’ve never had a bad bed. The couches though have been so broken that my DH sits in my rollator to watch tv. The other furniture is primarily just shopworn and dated.

I recently had car trouble on the road and had to spend the night at a $70 a night motel in a small town. The place was immaculately clean - but very dated. SSR is starting to look like that.

For awhile there I was reading a lot about chipped tile in the bathrooms, mold and mildew there also. Stained carpets too. Other cleanliness issues. That seemed to go away around the time Claire arrived, and they put in the Paddock pool.

I always thought the sofas were uncomfortable even when they were new (lol)...they have a bar that hits the back of my leg in an uncomfortable way!

Can’t wait for the SSR Reno!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!