Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

Sorry for my question but I'm sooo lost!

I'd like to know if when reserving a room on the WDW web site, they only charge a deposit from my credit card, and we can later pay the rest in cash directly at the hotel.
I mean, once I have my reservation made using a credit card, can I pay in cash upon my arrival to the hotel, or they only accept credit cards?
Which is the amount the hotel will hold on my credit card until my arrival?

Thank you

From my understanding, you have to pay-in-full something like 45 days before your trip if you have a PACKAGE (tickets) w/your room stay. If you have a ROOM ONLY reservation, then you can pay cash when you get there. I wonder if you can by check over the phone?

I am sure this has been asked, but I wanted to check. We already have a trip booked, scheduled to arrive on 10/24. Does that mean we aren't eligible? Can we purchase the plan for 10/24 and 10/25, then be eligible for the plan on 10/26?

thanks.

I just saw this thread, which started YEARS ago. I'm not sure it's still accurate. In the last 12 months, I've booked two vacations on line and of course the deposit on my credit card went through fine. Then as we got closer to both vacations, I continued to make periodic payments on line, until it was paid for 45 days prior to arrival. It's not hiccup free, at least twice I had to back out and log in again but it sure beats waiting on hold to make a payment. Just an FYI.
:cool2:

I think this has changed since this thread first started because I have been able to call in and pay in full trips that I made online. When I decided to turn my room only to a package, then they refunded the money and took the payment. I asked about this and was informed that they are actually 2 different travel companies, even though it is all Disney, so I think it's more for accounting purposes to make sure the different companies have the right monies allotted to the correct companies. It's a pain because it takes about 7 days for the money to actually hit your bank/credit card.

My advice: Just call and make your reservations that way any future changes won't be as much of a hassle. :thumbsup2

Until Disney makes any changes I am going to leave this stuck at the top of the page.

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

If you call and get a CM that applies an additional payment, that payment will be REFUNDED back to your credit card. It will not stay on the reservation.

I know that a lot of people have had questions about this and confusion, but this does apply to all room only reservations made online.

Sue Ellen
good to know, thx!

Is this still true that if you book room only online you can't pay off the balance until you arrive at the resort? This is making me want to call Disney and reserve the room and then cancel my online booking because we want to pay the room off now and not have to worry about paying a bill once we get there.

Is this still true that if you book room only online you can't pay off the balance until you arrive at the resort? This is making me want to call Disney and reserve the room and then cancel my online booking because we want to pay the room off now and not have to worry about paying a bill once we get there.
You can call and pay off your room whenever you want. It is just that the balance doesn't show in your MDE account if you don't have a package. You're not able to make payments online. but you can certainly make payments before you arrive by calling. I think they even have an automated payment option, so you can do it over the phone without waiting for a CM, although I haven't done it that way.

I did the automated payment by phone option the other day. I wanted to pay a certain amount on a certain cc (not the one I have on file on my MDE account).

It worked fine. Easier than a person because I didn't have to make small talk with a random CM in between!

We had no issue paying the full balance before check in. We went in February 2017 and paid the full balance in December 2017. It may have been within the 45 days prior to check-in but I don't remember.

But the point is that now you can pay and it won't be refunded.

This thread is very outdated. I've been calling and making payments on room only reservations for years. I've never had a package and have made monthly payments until our room was paid off.

Maybe the phone option is fixed... But you still can't make online payments on a Room only reservation.

:tink:Well I have always liked paying at my stay for remaining balance, as I pay everything else off before, this amount goes on my Disney Visa and has 6 months no interest. Since we always go Jan or February that helps me in cash unexpected things come up, with my cash flow as we usually get a huge tax return I can use to pay it off in the worse case scenario. Plus I get extra points to charge it through Disney so it's a win win. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!