Registering Other People Question/Issue

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
I didn't think this went under the W&D thread because it's kind of a separate issue that could apply to any race registration..

Yesterday, I registered a friend and her daughter for the W&D 5K. I did this under my account but selected that I was registering someone else. My friend's daughter is a minor and during the registration process, it asked for her guardian's name. I put her mother's name and email address, not mine. After I completed the registrations, I was able to go in and email the mom her waiver through the website. It will not let me email the daughter's waiver to anyone, however, because she is a minor even though I put in the form that I am not her guardian. I've emailed RunDisney's IT with this question, but I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this. I cannot legally sign her waiver as I'm not her guardian and they live in another state. I do see the option to opt out of signing digitally where you can mail in a form, but I don't really know how that works either. Any suggestions or experience with this while I wait for Disney's answer? I'm also hoping her mom won't have any issues picking up her race packet, but I'm guessing she shouldn't because I did forward her the confirmation, and again, her name is listed as the daughter's guardian.

I haven’t had this exact problem but I know if you don’t fill out the waiver ahead of time online that they have paper copies at the expo she can fill in.

I haven’t had this exact problem but I know if you don’t fill out the waiver ahead of time online that they have paper copies at the expo she can fill in.

Ok that is at least good to know. Thanks.

Just an update to this in case anyone else ever runs into a similar issue.

Disney responded to my email request and asked me to copy the girl's mother on the email thread so that she could provide written authorization to take over both registrations. We did that and everything should be good to go now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter