Registration for Kids' Club Activities? Has this changed?

pamelaj

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We've been to Aulani twice and have pre-registered our kids for specific complimentary activities at the kid's club both times. Today was our date to pre-register and I was ready to sign them up for activities, but pre-registration was just a general form without specific activities. Has this changed? Is everything done there for the complimentary activities?

Last time we picked our top 3 activities and they assigned our kids into sessions of those during our dates. If you wanted to make changes or add more, you could wait in line in the morning. Would love to avoid that early morning line if possible...

Thank you!

My understanding is there are no more free classes or activities, more just themed days. Last time we were there was right before you could Preselect and you had to wait in line each day at 7am to sign up. So I was looking forward to the oreselection.... but it seems like they changed it about 6 months ago (?). Hopefully someone will chime in who has been recently. Initial reports were the change reduced the amount of time Auntys was full.

Aulani has changed it so that you just pre-register your kids for the kids' club and no longer have to stand in line early in the morning to book different activities. Aunty's Beach House has different activities throughout the day that you don't sign up for in advance except for the 3 premium paid experiences which you call to book - Surf's Up, Fish Are Friends and Kakamora Chaos with Moana.

I suggest you read up all about Aunty's Beach House here: https://www.disneyaulani.com/activities/auntys-beach-house/ (be sure to click on "read more" under each description). Pre-registration also doesn't guarantee participation like the website says which basically means the kids' club can reach capacity levels at any given time during your stay and they'll just kindly ask you to come back a little later.

I have a couple of questions that I'm not really finding answers to, if those that have done this recently don't mind helping :smooth: ....
We've done Pixar Play Zone, Sandcastle Club and Lilo's Playhouse at WDW - our kiddo loved all 3 and never wanted to leave. I'm guessing the same would go for Auntys. He's an only child, so playtime with others is the ultimate for him. And for mom and dad, some much needed 'us' time would be great. It seems that we have to go to all the way to Disney in order to have any time for just the two of us *lol*

*Would a couple of full days (3 - 4 hours) and a couple of evenings (also about 3 - 4 hours) be a bit much for a week long trip? (we did Pixar Play Zone twice on our last trip and he was still begging for one more night there before we left :tongue: )
*If we have a couple of date nights, what do people recommend for drop-off time?
*If we plan an evening drop-off, do we still have to be there early in the morning to register for later that day?
*Are the premium activities offered a few different times during the day, or are they just once per day?

I can answer one of these, as we did drop our LO off at Aunty's, but only to participate in two premium activities. (She did not go there for "regular" activities or play.)

*Are the premium activities offered a few different times during the day, or are they just once per day?

There is a different activity each day. All three are not offered each day - generally there is only one premium activity each day. In October, we did Moana (which was Thursday) and Surf's Up (Wednesday.) We could have done Moana a different day (we were there Friday - Friday) but I believe that was the only day for Surfs Up. I want to say Moana was also Saturday, but I don't recall exactly. Keep an eye on the current Daily I'wa to see what days the activities are being offered. They generally don't change. My LO was too young for Fish are Friends, so I cannot speak to that one.

A word of advice - check the times for Aunty's in advance. We had planned to leave our daughter at Aunty's after Surf's Up for an hour to do "regular" play while we were at the spa. The relaxation quickly went out the door when Aunty's called us to tell us they were closing early (5pm) that day. Apparently there was a special Halloween party that night that we were not told about when we dropped LO off. Oops.

Thank you, khnanrsn! We're actually looking at going in October (10th wedding anniversary) as well, so your mention of a Halloween party is a pleasant surprise. Our anniversary falls on Halloween too :-D

They celebrate Halloween at Aulani throughout October. The characters wear Halloween costumes and there are different parties/activities. One of our faves was a nighttime Halloween party. They had games, prizes and a "show" with four of the characters. It was great fun.

If you have not already selected your dates and are flexible, I would recommend checking out when the Hawaii schools are on their fall break. They get a week off in October and Aulani offers local resident specials. I have heard from several people that it is one of the worst weeks of the year to go to Aulani. The resort is absolutely packed. Just a heads up if you are thinking that October is a slower time there...we were there towards the end of the month and had no crowd issues but the week before it was packed.

From what I can find, the schedule currently runs as follows for premium activities:
Surfs Up- Sunday and Wednesday
Fish are Friends- Monday and Friday
Chaos with Moana- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday

I don’t know if these change over the year but that seems the be the schedule I came across a few places. Hope that helps!

They celebrate Halloween at Aulani throughout October. The characters wear Halloween costumes and there are different parties/activities. One of our faves was a nighttime Halloween party. They had games, prizes and a "show" with four of the characters. It was great fun.
That sounds fantastic! We are SUCH a Halloween family, so this is upping the fun factor for us for sure!
As for dates, I did actually see another post about the Hawaii school breaks/specials and it looks like our timing will be after that (thank goodness!). The ongoing pool work might keep the numbers down as well.

From what I can find, the schedule currently runs as follows for premium activities:
Surfs Up- Sunday and Wednesday
Fish are Friends- Monday and Friday
Chaos with Moana- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
I don’t know if these change over the year but that seems the be the schedule I came across a few places. Hope that helps!

That DOES help! Thank you :-) It gives an idea of what to expect at the very least :-)

Now to patiently wait till March to book our trip :rolleyes1 :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter