Rehitching ceremony & characters ? Please help!

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I'm making a list of all the PS I will need to make for our honeymoon. I've heard about the rehitching ceremony and I'm trying to get more info on it. It's in the UK at Epcot, right? Which restaurant? I've heard some get the characters and some don't. If you got the characters, what time of day were you there? Isn't this restaurant in the UK a character dinner? I'm not quite sure on all this. I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure all this out! I'm thinking we could go there for dinner on night.

Side note: Someone also told me that Illuminations goes on and if you plan it all right, you can have a nice view on that. Is this right? Does Illuminations happen every night?

THANKS!!!

Hi and congrats on the upcoming wedding! I hope your special day is everything you hope for.

The Rehitching Ceremony is at the Garden Grille in the Land exhibit, not the UK. The UK restaurant doesn't have a character meal.

Characters? You are right -- that depends on when you are there and if the characters are available or on break. My DW and I did it, we got characters; we did a 1:30 p.m. lunch. Mickey, Pluto and Chip n' Dale came by along with several servers.

Plan a later lunch or early dinner -- avoid the typical meal times.

It's best to make a PS for this and ask the CM to note "rehitching ceremony" on your PS (for the Garden Grill!). Most likely the CM will have NO CLUE as to what you are asking. That's ok -- just tell them to please put "rehitching ceremony" on the note section of your PS.

Tip: If you make other PS for your honeymoon, mention that you are on your honeymoon so that's noted on the PS. It doesn't guarantee anything special, but you never know when Disney magic will hit.

When you check-in for dinner, remind the CM at the desk you want to do the rehitching ceremony. That way it's noted on your table card and your server is aware of this.

The ceremony is quite cute and loads of fun. Bring a camera to record the event. You'll probably get a certificate. Some people get a cake; some don't (seems like that is sort of hit or miss).

For some extra fun -- buy a pair of Mickey bride and groom "ears" to wear to dinner. We had a couple near us who did that and it made for some great pictures!!

Illuminations: If you plan dinner in the UK, you can ask to sit in the patio area, which has a great view of Illuminations. However, this isn't guaranteed and you have to plan for a later dinner. Ask at the podium, mention that it's your honeymoon and hope for some Disney magic.

Thanks!!! I'm doing all my research now so I'll be ready for the 90 day mark!!

So the Garden Grille isn't a typical character meal? So it's not like you're guaranteed characters?

I will try and make it a late lunch then, I'm going to shoot for the same time and hopefully we will get characters!!

Thanks for helping me!
:bounce: :D

You can get rehited for the Ice Cream Social. It's not too expensive and a good break during the day. I think there are 2 times - 3:15 and 3:30. Again, state it on the PS.

Good luck!

d

The Garden Grille is a character meal. It's just that the characters are scattered all over the restaurant so it may be that they are not available when you do the rehitching ceremony. I did mine 2 weeks ago, it was on a Thursday about 2:15 or so. The waiter did ask us whether we wanted cake or the regular deserts. Pluto was the best man there for us, Mickey was watching from another table and Dale was right there with us. I have a few pics from mine at http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=bqqvah...2d&x=0&y=5gmk4k The ones where you see me in a yellow shirt are at the ceremony. I am adding more pics, so keep checking back.
Julie

jazyjewel, I just saw that you are from Anderson, sc. We live outside of Augusta, Ga. How close we are? and my name is julie too. I LOVE Dole whips. I use to get them in Hawaii when I was a flight attendant. They are great.

We are about 3 hours from Augusta. Only about 1 and 1/2 hours from Atlanta tho. We are heading there for the sneak preview of Haunted Mansion on Nov. 22!!! Can't wait for that. Good to know there's another Disney Maniac close to me :)
Julie

jazyjewel, is the picture with the dalmations from WDW? My dd, who is dog (and dalmation) crazy, would LOVE this. PLease tell me where to find these! I seem to recall hearing something about them--maybe off of Mainstreet? thanks!!

Unfortunately I don't think they have that pic available anymore. I did get it done at the camera shop in MK, but the last couple of times I have been there I did not see it. You may want to ask them about it. I don't know if they still have it in their computer or not, but it never hurts to ask. I did this one about 4 years ago.
Julie

Oh, so it's computer generated? You mean, you didn't see the dogs when you posed?
I thought I had heard there were actual set like things that you could stand with to take a photo, somewhere tucked away off of Mainstreet. So, if these are just in a computer, did you have to ask, or is there a display of them or something in the camera place? I assume you mean the Kodak photo place near Tony's? I spent plenty of time in there last trip, and don't recall seeing anything like this (though, I wasn't looking).

I don't know about any stand ups, but yes it is the camera shop beside Tony's. You go in and go to the back of the room on the left side of the room you will see a section that has some booths. There are books on the booths and that show what pics they can do. HTH
Julie

JazyJewel:

Your link didn't work. :confused: It said the album wasn't available.

Thanks for all the info on this!!!

Originally posted by Daisy57b
Thanks!!! I'm doing all my research now so I'll be ready for the 90 day mark!!

So the Garden Grille isn't a typical character meal? So it's not like you're guaranteed characters?

I will try and make it a late lunch then, I'm going to shoot for the same time and hopefully we will get characters!!

Thanks for helping me!
:bounce: :D
Sorry about the confusion. The Garden Grille is a typical character meal with Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip 'n Dale. What I meant was when your server does the rehitching ceremony, the characters may or may not be present. It depends on how busy the restaurant is and where the characters are at that time (other side of the restaurant, on break, etc.).

I would recommend a later lunch. I seem to recall our PS was for 1:30 or 1:45 and the restaurant was not very crowded at all. We also ate sort of slow, so I think it was maybe 2:30-ish when we had our "ceremony." I just remember being incredibly full and canceling our PS for dinner because I just couldn't imagine yet another Disney-size meal that day. :earseek:

I would try for patio seating at Rose & Crown another evening for Illuminations. I'm not an R&C fan, but this is a GREAT location for the show.

Best wishes for a truly magical honeymoon!!

sorry for not knowing, but Disney has "rehitching" ceremonies?? Is that vow renewal ceremonies? how cool...

Sorry about the bad link, I don't know why that didn't work. Try this one http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=bqqvah9.5fk4b2d&x=0&y=5gmk4k That should work.

Scrump, it's not exactly a vow renewal ceremony. Basically you stand up after you eat, say I do, then kiss. You get a cake and a certificate. It is really cool though. My hubby was embarassed at first, but then he really loved it. It is a great memory to have.
Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter