Remember the bug spray!

Mmketeer

<font color=blue>DIS Cast Member- no really, but n
Hi gang,

This is just a reminder to bring mosquito repellent with you on your upcoming trip!! All guest were advised via a letter in their WDW rooms on Nov. 5th to please follow safety guidleines to prevent mosquito related illnesses. Most counties here in Florida are still under warnings for mosquito born viruses. Just remember that mosquitos are most prevalent during the early morning hours and at dusk.

Have fun....stay safe! :0)
See ya'll their for Thanksgiving!Mmketeer

Tell me about it!!!!

Who knew that in mid to late October i would get eaten alive while setting up our popup?!?!?!?

I had the bug spray packed INSIDE the camper and couldn't get to it until the camper was up. In the 15-20 min it took to get 'er up, i was lunch to a mess of the little suckers (as was my DH). We spent the rest of the stay well sprayed, but digging at the bites we got during the first 20 min.

- lori

Hi Lori,

Ouch! <BG> But, I know that's happen to alot of us. I hope everyone reads our posts, so they don't experince the same situation.

PS
Maybe I should have mentioned to bring some Benadryl as well (just in case. <bg>)

5 more days to go....Mmketeer

I wonder if this "warning" they sent you is a new thing? We didn't get on before our stay in October. I know that West Nile virus has been a concern up my way (Philly/Jersey shore) for the last year or two and that they expected it to keep migrating down the coast. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it?

The litte suckers (pun intended) have always loved me, so i slather myself in bug spray anyway.

One thing i did notice while in FLA....no skeeters at Gatorland. Apparently they have droves of bats (didn't see any personally) that eat tons of skeeters when the sun starts going down and keep the population way down.

Can you imagine that at FW.....bat houses in every loop. Swooping down on chip and dale as they roast their marshmellows at the campfire. (i am so bad!)

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter