Remember those AP vouchers with DVC discount? What to do?

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
does anyone know what I can do with these DVC AP vouchers I bought probably 5-10 years ago when DVC offered them at a discount. Green looking.

I bought them while my kids are still little. Now that I am looking at these and am wondering if I can convert them to regular park tickets.

I am sure I probably made out really well on the price for those since they are so old.

Also, can I convert the child one adult one now that my kids are so much older?

Thanks

Call ticketing. My guess is that the vouchers can still be traded for an actual AP at Guest Services. At a minimum, you should be able to get the value originally paid credited to the purchase of a new ticket. No idea what Disney may do with the child's AP voucher since those are now the same price as an adult's. You may luck out and get an adult's pass for that voucher. Again, call ticketing and see what they say. Good luck!

Not sure about the child's one, but we just turned in our last set of the old green vouchers.
I called to get them added to MDE and they did that, so they were linked and I could book FP.
Turned them in at guest services to get the card and activate them

Thanks so much for your reply. I called Disney ticket office today and was told that I need to go to guest relations to have them check out the vouchers. I don't remember if these tickets have numbers at the back. I am still using tickets that I hoarded from years ago with no exp and park hopper options. Now I have so many leftover water park days!! Can't believe how expensive the tickets are now.

I have 2 of those green vouchers too. The last few years I have been renewing our AP's so I was just keeping them until I decide not to renew and start new again. I never thought that they might not be able to be used as a new AP and might only get a credit for what we paid. Hope that isn't the case, but maybe I will bring them with me to have them checked out too just to know.

Not sure about the child's one, but we just turned in our last set of the old green vouchers.
I called to get them added to MDE and they did that, so they were linked and I could book FP.
Turned them in at guest services to get the card and activate them
So you called first and they were able to add them to your MDE? Then you just turned them in on your trip when you wanted to use them?

I will have a field day at guest relations in May when we get down there! I have so many partially used hoppers between child and adult and I am not even sure whose ticket it is anymore. Plus all these AP vouchers, gosh, I will be there for quite some time to sort this out!!

I asked them if there is anyway I can do this in NYC or over the phone, I was told that given how old these tickets are, I have to do it at guest relations at the parks.

I will have a field day at guest relations in May when we get down there! I have so many partially used hoppers between child and adult and I am not even sure whose ticket it is anymore. Plus all these AP vouchers, gosh, I will be there for quite some time to sort this out!!

I asked them if there is anyway I can do this in NYC or over the phone, I was told that given how old these tickets are, I have to do it at guest relations at the parks.
Step 1: send an email to check the number of days remaining (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/uses-remaining/)

Step 2: Call as talk to tech support. Tell them you need to get the tickets linked in order to make fast passes. They’ll help you out.

Thanks so much. I will dig up my tickets this weekend and send them an email. Somehow, I thought I may hav done that two years ago but still ended up at guest relations. But now that I look at my tickets, it is another mess. I have too many of those tickets with only water parks left!!

That brings out another question- is there anyway to convert the water park tickets to them park tickets even at a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio? I have never heard of it. Just wondering...

does anyone know what I can do with these DVC AP vouchers I bought probably 5-10 years ago when DVC offered them at a discount. Green looking.

I bought them while my kids are still little. Now that I am looking at these and am wondering if I can convert them to regular park tickets.

I am sure I probably made out really well on the price for those since they are so old.

Also, can I convert the child one adult one now that my kids are so much older?

Thanks

My guess might be that you'd have to pay more to trade them in on a ticket. Why not just turn them in for AP's?

That brings out another question- is there anyway to convert the water park tickets to them park tickets even at a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio? I have never heard of it. Just wondering...

Nope. These are extra entitlements. Back with non-expiring 10 day tickets I think they cost $45 or so to add those 10 extra entitlements. All 10 were never close to the price of a 1 day tickets even then.

However even non-expiring tickets had to be "upgraded" within 14 days of first use. Once past that you couldn't change them. Non expiring tickets apparently aren't even in the ticketing system to upgrade unused ones.

Nope. You can upgrade a ticket within 14 days of first use. After that, it’s locked in and only valid as issued.

Yes, they added them over the phone....and those old AP vouchers are good for a Platinum AP

I just figured out I had a platinum AP this morning! I had turned in an old green voucher in January.

Was considering an Easter week trip earlier and ditched it cause I thought I had a gold AP. Meanwhile I booked at the Poly in March for Moonlight Madness.

I dug up the AP last night, the letter that came with these vouchers was dated 2006. I have 2 types of vouchers, one is green and the other one has a while background with DVC's logo on top. I will bring them to guest relations and see what these can be converted to. I sure hope they are good forever, with no exp. date. I have so many of them....I bought them before we discovered how much we love Disney cruises. DH and I are becoming empty nesters later this year and there are so many places we want to visit, I am not sure I will ever need this many APs.... However, I am pretty sure these have turned out to be excellent investments :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also enter the ticket # in MyDisneyExperience and see immediately what the ticket is classified as and how many days are remaining if it's not an AP :)

Yes, they added them over the phone....and those old AP vouchers are good for a Platinum AP
What number did you call to get then added over the phone? I forgot to bring them with me on our trip 2 weeks ago. Now we are planning to go back in December and It might actually be useful for me to have the Platinum AP because the last two days of our trip will be blacked out days. I have another set of Gold AP vouchers I will save to use when these expire.

I don't really remember. I think I just picked one and they switched me to the right place. It only took a couple of minutes

We took a stack of old tyvek passes to the DS guest relations a couple of years ago. Had a variety of full, partially used, from many years, and the CM was able to read all of them and transfer and consolidate them to new plastic cards (and we maintained our non expiration).

I don't think we asked about the water park passes. We also have around 100 visits among a bunch of passes that we checked on about 5 years ago. I don't remember if we didn't ask because we had taken so long with the park passes, or if they said we needed to do it at a water park (I think it was the former).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter